Is that a violation of TOS?

petered77

Question

There is a buyer who tried to communicate via Gmail "so his team can send me the details of the script". The first few times I denied and flagged his message. But then he sent me this "Terms of Service reminder: Providing email, s***e, or phone number is only allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Otherwise, all communication must go through Fiverr." Which is a pop-up if you type "@" in the inbox.
I thought he is right and told him "
alright, Give me your. I'll hit you up". Is that a violation of TOS? Because email is allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Also, today I got an Email from Fiverr saying "The account is temporarily restricted". I'm so distressed right now...because I work full-time on Fiverr.

Side Note:
The buyer tried to do payments outside of Fiverr. And I declined without hesitation. Also, sent a screenshot of it to Fiverr support.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, petered77 said:

There is a buyer who tried to communicate via Gmail "so his team can send me the details of the script". The first few times I denied and flagged his message. But then he sent me this "Terms of Service reminder: Providing email, s***e, or phone number is only allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Otherwise, all communication must go through Fiverr." Which is a pop-up if you type "@" in the inbox.
I thought he is right and told him "
alright, Give me your. I'll hit you up". Is that a violation of TOS? Because email is allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Also, today I got an Email from Fiverr saying "The account is temporarily restricted". I'm so distressed right now...because I work full-time on Fiverr.

Side Note:
The buyer tried to do payments outside of Fiverr. And I declined without hesitation. Also, sent a screenshot of it to Fiverr support.

Yes. It's a violation! 

22 minutes ago, petered77 said:

"Terms of Service reminder: Providing email, s***e, or phone number is only allowed if it is needed as part of the service. Otherwise, all communication must go through Fiverr." 

It's only allowed if your services really requires contact details or any other personals details but it should be done via only Order Page.. Not Inbox (without Order)..

It is always recommended to contact Customer Support if you need buyer's details for your services (via Order page). They will guide you better. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, petered77 said:

You have already received an email that your account is temporarily restricted. Seems like you can do nothing. So you should wait.

Or if you need further explanation, it's far better to ask CS about your situation.

• Like 3

I did ask CS about it. they just gave me a quick message and basically told me to wait. I sent them a few screenshots like, our Fiverr inbox and how he told me to connect via Email. including ss of the Email with the buyer, where I declined payment outside of Fiverr (no idea if that's a good thing or bad).

Edited by petered77
  • Like 2