Can i share my social media when delivering an order?

jysfie

Question

Hi! I am a digital artist working on Fiverr currently. I just created an Instagram account to post my drawings and concept art. I wanted to know if i can add the link of my account or just the "@" in the delivery message to promote it and gain more followers.

• Like 15

18 answers to this question

4 hours ago, jysfie said:

Hi! I am a digital artist working on Fiverr currently. I just created an Instagram account to post my drawings and concept art. I wanted to know if i can add the link of my account or just the "@" in the delivery message to promote it and gain more followers.

Hi @jysfie, it's against Fiverr's ToS to share your social media account with others because it encourages buyers to connect with you off the platform.

You also can't share unapproved links (that you have in your gig descriptions to share your portfolio). Please remove them so that your account doesn't get a warning or restriction. You may only share your portfolio using the approved URL's listed below:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421198

8. What URLs can I use in my profile or Gig description?
The following URLs may be used in your Profile or Gig Description:

ammyy.com

blogspot.com dafont.com
dailymotion.com flickr.com mixcloud.com
reverbnation.com soundcloud.com teamviewer.com
tumblr.com vimeo.com wetransfer.com
wikipedia.org wordcounter.net youtube.com

Note: If you use a URL that is not listed above, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

• Like 20
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest marcelalexan646
On 3/8/2023 at 8:16 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @jysfie, it's against Fiverr's ToS to share your social media account with others because it encourages buyers to connect with you off the platform.

You also can't share unapproved links (that you have in your gig descriptions to share your portfolio). Please remove them so that your account doesn't get a warning or restriction. You may only share your portfolio using the approved URL's listed below:

Can these URLs contain link to pages I own? Like an YouTube channel?

Guest marcelalexan646

This rule is straight bull*hit btw. Your fiverr chat is most of the time buggy, and unusable, and let's not talk about the big 20% tax, where if I would had to sell my services at a profitable price for the customer, would let me with I won't say what in my hand from my sales.

4 minutes ago, marcelalexan646 said:

Can these URLs contain link to pages I own? Like an YouTube channel?

As long as it doesn't contain personal contact information in there, it should be okay. It is on Fiverr's Approved URL list. 

I remember @visualstudios mentioning an instance when a YouTube URL couldn't be used, but I couldn't find that conversation. Can you help us out @visualstudios? Thanks!

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, marcelalexan646 said:

This rule is straight bull*hit btw. Your fiverr chat is most of the time buggy, and unusable, and let's not talk about the big 20% tax, where if I would had to sell my services at a profitable price for the customer, would let me with I won't say what in my hand from my sales.

I'm not sure where this came from. It's not really related to the OP's topic.

@marcelalexan646 - I did look at your profile and you need to remove your tele*gm contact info from your bio.

• Like 18

Guest marcelalexan646
4 minutes ago, vickieito said:

As long as it doesn't contain personal contact information in there, it should be okay. It is on Fiverr's Approved URL list. 

I remember @visualstudios mentioning an instance when a YouTube URL couldn't be used, but I couldn't find that c Can you help us out @visualstudios? Thanks!

Don't worry. After I'm done with my order you won't see it anymore since I'll be forced to delete my account 🙂

Guest marcelalexan646
9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm not sure where this came from. It's not really related to the OP's topic.

@marcelalexan646 - I did look at your profile and you need to remove your tele*gm contact info from your bio.

The tax thing is just a point about why users will try to use alternative contact methods and go against the TOS

4 minutes ago, marcelalexan646 said:

The tax thing is just a point about why users will try to use alternative contact methods and go against the TOS

There's no point being on Fiverr if you can't stick with their rules.

I'm fine with the 20% fee because Fiverr is bringing me business that I wouldn't have otherwise.

• Like 16
  • Up 3

Guest marcelalexan646
2 hours ago, max3dmodel said:

If it bothers you this much, think of it like this: Fiverr is a shopping complex, and your profile is your small shop within it. The 20% represents the rent you pay.

As a new seller that is a killer, since I can't offer my services for a lot of money since no one will take them. Well anyway, I've modified my gigs to charge 20$ extra for new orders from existing customers. So goodbye having new orders for me.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:43 PM, marcelalexan646 said:

agree. Their 20 cut is too much on every order. and the user interface is too boring. Even chatting where we talk with clients is buggy. Now Fiverr is banning every second account without any reason.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, vickieito said:

There's no point being on Fiverr if you can't stick with their rules.

I'm fine with the 20% fee because Fiverr is bringing me business that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Same here. Fiverr has given us a marketplace. 20% is a fair deal

• Like 8

You can promote your Instagram account on Fiverr within the confines of their guidelines. Include your Instagram handle (the "@" symbol followed by your username) in your delivery messages to clients, as direct links may not be allowed.

Also, ensure your Fiverr profile contains a link to your Instagram account. Mention in your gig descriptions that you share your artwork and concepts on Instagram, encouraging clients to follow you for updates. This indirect approach can help you gain more followers while complying with Fiverr's communication and promotion policies. Always stay updated with Fiverr's terms to ensure you're in accordance with their rules.

• Like 4