Best way to get first order?

genzretoucher

Question

Hi guys, I am new to Fiverr and confident in my skills but I don't know what's the best way  I can get a first few orders, I'm pretty sure that after few ratings it will start well.

I did write profile description , gig description and make sure that i use proper tags. what about other steps you guys can recommend?

• Like 6

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, genzretoucher said:

I don't get what "fake" means here.

It's fake because of this👇:

5 hours ago, sandyroseus1 said:

many freelancer make their portfolio by other freelancer. So how can you justify their skills.

If sellers are using samples in their portfolio that were made by other freelancers, it is fake. It's not their work and not a good representation of what they can do.

3 hours ago, genzretoucher said:

I saw that fiverr holds payment until delivery, so how it can be faked ?

The buyers can still be fooled ...until the delivery is received.

Luckily Fiverr does hold payment, so the buyer can cancel the order once they find out that the seller wasn't honest. This experience happens way too often to buyers, so it hurts the honest sellers on the platform. Buyers who had this happen to them are less likely to place orders with new sellers (who have no reviews), so that makes it harder for new sellers to do well on this platform.

5 hours ago, sandyroseus1 said:

Not only fake sellers but also here have some fake buyers. 

Fortunately, most of the fake buyers can be avoided because they need to pay first before the order will start. There are still some buyers who try to cancel and get the work for free, after the delivery (such as in chargebacks) but those accounts are shut down by Fiverr. I also had a buyer that ran away with my work (the order was canceled) and Fiverr paid me for the work that I did.

• Like 4

Just now, sandyroseus1 said:

So I suggest you marketing your gigs. 

I don't. Your best marketing is done right there on the gig page. If that doesn't look good, no matter how much traffic you drive to your gig, no one will order.

11 minutes ago, genzretoucher said:

I am new to Fiverr and confident in my skills but I don't know what's the best way  I can get a first few orders

When I was new, without any orders or reviews, the one thing that convinced buyers to order from me was my portfolio. You have 3 gallery images, a gig video, and 2 PDFs to show off what you can do. Use all of these tools so that your buyers will want to place an order when they see your samples. Buyers would contact me in my inbox and specifically mention my work samples when explaining why they wanted to order from me.

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandyroseus1 said:

Because many freelancer make their portfolio by other freelancer. So how can you justify their skills.

This makes me sad. 😟

There are still a lot of "fake" sellers on the platform that steal others' work. Please report these "fake" sellers when you see them!

"Fake" sellers make it really hard for honest sellers on the platform to do business. Buyers should be able to buy in full confidence that the seller has the skill to do the work. Unfortunately, many buyers have had negative experiences buying from sellers who shouldn't be offering services on the platform.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

This makes me sad. 😟

There are still a lot of "fake" sellers on the platform that steal others' work. Please report these "fake" sellers when you see them!

"Fake" sellers make it really hard for honest sellers on the platform to do business. Buyers should be able to buy in full confidence that the seller has the skill to do the work. Unfortunately, many buyers have had negative experiences buying from sellers who shouldn't be offering services on the platform.

I don't get what "fake" means here. In a quick look about fiverr I saw that fiverr holds payment until delivery, so how it can be faked ?

• Like 6

I'm telling you a short story. "one's have a shop but no one knows this. He waited for clients. He can not get huge clients. Then he worried about his business. One a certain time he started marketing of his business. Then he find a great sell". So I suggest you marketing your gigs. 

• Like 8

Just now, sandyroseus1 said:

I'm telling you a short story. "one's have a shop but no one knows this. He waited for clients. He can not get huge clients. Then he worried about his business. One a certain time he started marketing of his business. Then he find a great sell". So I suggest you marketing your gigs. 

Yes, that's great answer but what might be actual marketing strategy that might be worth it? 

• Like 6