My account was flagged for using non-original or copyrighted work samples.

udeep7

Question

I am a professional designer on Fiverr since 2014. I used a design template and made some changes to upload the picture to my gig image. I have been flagged and restricted for "using non - original or copyrighted work examples". 
I explained the Fiverr support that the template is royalty free vector available on freepik website. I also sent them the premium licence I have to use the template, which clearly states that "you can alter and create derivative works. Also the layoutlicense-modern-three-steps-infographic-presentation-template-13514249 (1).pdflicense-modern-three-steps-infographic-presentation-template-13514249 (1) is of template but I edited the content according to my needs so it's not exactly same as the template. Could you please have a look into this and get it solved quicker? Here is my ticket no. #9155627. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Like 17
  • Sad 2

Just now, donnovan86 said:

If it's a gray area you avoid it. But why would people come to Fiverr to work with someone that uses templates when they can use those on their own? They come here from original work.

Maybe your account survives this, and you should know that if you want to sell stuff, make sure it's yours and not created by others.

If you go to freepik website which sells template they have an option of "want to edit it by an expert" once you click on it they directly land you on some Fiverr profiles. 

People look for experts to edit their purchased template as they are not familiar with the software like Photoshop or illustrator. 

I didn't not have any order on that gig for around a year, only had 2 orders completed all time with that gig. That too 1 year back. 

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Maybe your account survives this, and you should know that if you want to sell stuff, make sure it's yours and not created by others.

I was anyway thinking to delete that gig but it got into trouble. After it got denied I was calm as I wanted to delete that anyway. 

After 2 weeks my account restricted that made me restless

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, udeep7 said:

I said I have not violated any TOS. Most of the accounts got banned in the beginning of the year were for taking buyers outside or fake reviews. 

You say you haven't violated Fiverr's Terms of Service...but you did break the rules when you used that template. For you it's gray area, but Fiverr doesn't see it that way. For them it's clear. Perhaps you did something else you thought wasn't breaking any rules, or was gray area, but actually was breaking the rules.

29 minutes ago, udeep7 said:

Yes I had sent the complete delivery as per the last conversation with the buyer.

If it was complete, if you have delivered everything as agreed, that's fine.

30 minutes ago, udeep7 said:

All of these, are serious violation? To get the account banned. 

Considering that your account was restricted 15-20 days after the template thing, I have no idea what caused the restriction, and therefore can't possibly say whether it's serious enough for a ban or not.

All you can do now is wait, I'm afraid.

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Considering that your account was restricted 15-20 days after the template thing, I have no idea what caused the restriction, and therefore can't possibly say whether it's serious enough for a ban or not.

All you can do now is wait, I'm afraid.

Actually restriction was on the day of evaluation 15th Feb. Gig got denied after 15 minutes of publishing on 3rd February. 

10 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Perhaps you did something else you thought wasn't breaking any rules, or was gray area, but actually was breaking the rules.

Being on Fiverr for 9 years I also understand the violations. There are no more grey areas. Everything is clear for me and Fiverr as well. 

I also being told that my account got restricted because of the gig image I used to publish that gig on 3rd Feb by the customer support. 

I asked them is it the only reason they said yes, one of our team member flagged it for this one reason but now your account is under review which can take upto 90 days. 

After that I sent them the license they said even if you have provided the proof to use the image, this process can still take upto 90 days.

I am not afraid as I had already built my business through my personal website and marketing, because I already knew that this can happen anyday. But I think this mistake deserves a warning, not a complete bann. I had Fiverr Choice badge for the whole week when my account got restricted. 

Let's see what is in the destiny

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, udeep7 said:

Perhaps you did something else you thought wasn't breaking any rules, or was gray area, but actually was breaking the rules.

Even if this was described in detail as " template and it's derivatives can't be used as gig image despite having the license to use it" this wouldn't have been grey area for me. 

The other thing is delivery due to deadline and ask client to request revisions for further modifications only when the client does not respond for days.

That's all. 

If that can get my account suspended, I will be disappointed but not financially hurt. 

It was a great journey with Fiverr as I learnt freelancing from scratch because of this platform. Fiverr has played a major role in my evolution as a freelancer.

Edited by udeep7
  • Like 17

On 2/18/2023 at 11:51 PM, vickieito said:

The gig may have been an automatic flag. However, if your account was restricted after 15-20 days, it looks like Fiverr may have found other reasons to put your account into "restricted mode." It takes them up to 90 days to make their final decisions and they can shut down accounts if they think the violation is serious enough (3 warnings are not necessary).

I am sorry, I was wrong. Actually the gig got denied on 13th Feb and account restricted on 15th Feb. 

• Like 16

On 2/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, smartdezigns said:

Question is when you made the changes, did you use your own work/uploaded your own work in the template or you used the template and made changes in the same template (no use of your own work)?

On 2/19/2023 at 1:00 AM, donnovan86 said:

When people see a sample, they automatically assume that everything is created by you. So, most likely someone reported you that you are using a template as a sample. 

On 2/19/2023 at 12:52 AM, catwriter said:

"Original" typically means made from scratch, not altering a template.

On 2/19/2023 at 12:36 AM, vickieito said:

Your account is restricted for 90 days. After 90 days, your account will either be reinstated or shut down. If you aren't at fault, then Fiverr should come to that conclusion, too, and your account will be reinstated. Otherwise, you'll get instructions to withdraw any earnings you have (before the account is fully shut down).

On 2/18/2023 at 11:06 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

It does, if it’s a template then the image is not original anymore even if you edited it. 
If you are a designer then you should be able to design your own template for your gig images

Hey Fiverr Community! Just wanted to post an update that My account got reinstated today. You guys have been a great support. I have learned a lesson tough way. Thanks for your advices and support. 

Regards,

Udeep

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 3

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Great to hear that. But you clearly got to see that yes, using anything other than your own, be it just a template, can get you in trouble. 

Yeah! I will keep this in mind for future. Thanks for your support and valuable advice

• Like 14

Hey to all!

My account is restricted of copyright logo that CS team pick up "appears link" shared to me. But I make it from scratch to skech the design and deliver vector files. And my services for retro logo and I just used the image in my gig but not delivered any copyright logo to the client. How CS team react with standard license.  I delivered but it did not response? 

Please tell me my account in safe mode or not? 

Edited by designsexpert5
  • Like 6

Same situation from me as i used the shutterstock image of logo in my gig then after 1 day ago my account got restricted .Now it takes 1 month and 6 days ago my account not reinstate at this time but i will deliver the shutterstock standard license by the customer support team. Guys please let me do your favour ? Is that my account come back or not? 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, designsexpert5 said:

Same situation from me as i used the shutterstock image of logo in my gig then after 1 day ago my account got restricted .Now it takes 1 month and 6 days ago my account not reinstate at this time but i will deliver the shutterstock standard license by the customer support team. Guys please let me do your favour ? Is that my account come back or not? 

please response?

• Like 12

On 5/14/2023 at 1:57 AM, designsexpert5 said:

It depends, I hope if you have not done anything else apart from this you will get your account back

• Like 9