Hi everyone,How many years of experience do you have on graphic design?

editzstore

On 12/10/2022 at 6:51 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

It doesn’t matter how many of experience you have in a freelancing world, you are not being hired to be an employee. What matters is your portfolio and your ability to accomplish projects. 
Background removal and colour changing is not really a graphic design, that’s more of a photo manipulation 

I agree with everything you mentioned except one thing: photographic manipulation is one of the subjects studied in the graphic design career. I don't understand why you mention it as if they were two different things when actually photo manipulation is part of graphic design.

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, maezma85 said:

as if they were two different things when actually photo manipulation is part of graphic design.

Only in the same way someone might consider a magazine image collage to be a subclass of photography. Does it use photos? Yes. Is it photography? No.

Photo manipulation is a tool, a step on the way, not the end product. There is no 'design'. 

• Like 10

23 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Only in the same way someone might consider a magazine image collage to be a subclass of photography. Does it use photos? Yes. Is it photography? No.

Photo manipulation is a tool, a step on the way, not the end product. There is no 'design'. 

Photo manipulation is a technique, a developed talent that needs a lot of practice, this is not a tool, the tools are editing software. I insist that photographic manipulation is an area of study within the graphic design career, and I know it perfectly because I just finished that career. You are wrong when you say that photo manipulation is not the final product because it really is in many cases. I can give you several examples of that: restoration of damaged photographs, photographic retouching of portraits, creation of fantasy or reality digital scenes and many more examples where the manipulation of photographs is the final product.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, maezma85 said:

restoration of damaged photographs, photographic retouching of portraits, creation of fantasy or reality digital scenes and many more examples where the manipulation of photographs is the final product.

Photo restoration isn't graphic design. Neither is retouching. I will agree that graphic design skills can help with those, and that they both utilize skills from both graphics and design (which, by the way, is the name of the Fiverr category; "Graphics & Design").

Scenic and landscape creation is design, yes, which can use graphics, yes, but can also be done in any media, not just digital photo manipulation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_design 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_designer

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

OK, as you say! he he. Just because there are tools that can automate a process, that does not rule out that it is an area of graphic design. The graphic design career covers everything that has to do with graphic elements. 

Greetings!

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...