Is there any way a buyer could scam me out of money by having me buy something on Amazon?

kevineaton407

Question

I supposed I could do a little research but was hoping that one of you folks would be willing to help out a newbie. 

Normally, I wouldn't ask this question but the item is sort of expensive. They claim to just want me to model their product and to purchase it from Amazon and they would reimburse me through fiverr. If I set a custom gig just saying that I would buy the product, is there any way they could just cancel the order and get their money back even if I do exactly what I said I'd do?

If they are the business, why can't they just send me the item? I know some people just want purchases and comments, though. I suppose I would just have to look at Amazon's return policy but just in case this is legit I would like to do this now. 

Thank you, smart folks.

• Like 5

3 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, kevineaton407 said:

is there any way they could just cancel the order and get their money back even if I do exactly what I said I'd do?

Yes there is. Even if fiverr wouldn’t approve cancellation there is always a possibility of them filing a chargeback and there is no way of you getting money back in that case. Plus why would a company pay 20% more on a product because to reimburse you through fiverr they will have to add 20% on top that fiverr will take from you to cover the cost of an item for you. 

there are a lot of stories on the forum of people being scammed like this. 

• Like 7
  • Up 4

13 hours ago, kevineaton407 said:

If I set a custom gig just saying that I would buy the product, is there any way they could just cancel the order and get their money back even if I do exactly what I said I'd do?

Yes, they could do that. And they could keep using any pictures you send them, for whatever purpose, including the ones you'd never agree to.

13 hours ago, kevineaton407 said:

If they are the business, why can't they just send me the item?

Exactly. Any legitimate business would do that.

• Like 5