It Didn't Work!

rabihumakhan

One of my gigs got deleted unfortunately a few months back while I was a new seller and till then, I haven't got continuous work despite most of my orders end up with great reviews from the customers and some purchase more than one time from me. 

I know that fiverr isn't responsible for our success but it looks kinda impossible now to 'rank' and get regular queries from new clients (which I can easily convert to sales).

I'm a level two seller and still don't have the  'promoted gigs' option available as well. 

What could be the possible reason/s about this? 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

I'm a level two seller and still don't have the  'promoted gigs' option available as well. 

What could be the possible reason/s about this? 

You can see some of the requirements on this page:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs?segment=seller

They include:

You are a Level 1, Level 2, or Top Rated or Pro seller.

Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating.

Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews.

You meet additional quality metrics.

So the 20 reviews condition could be stopping gigs from being promoted (though that 20 reviews condition might not be totally accurate as it lets me promote a gig that only has 13 reviews - if it does the same for you then you might only need another review on one).

The "You meet additional quality metrics." bit might include private review scores (I don't know for sure - they don't clarify that line).

Also one of your gigs is about writing legal documents - the promoted gigs help says it excludes "The Legal Writing service category entirely.".

I'd also check your research and summaries gig's image.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13

8 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Also one of your gigs is about writing legal documents - the promoted gigs help says it excludes "The Legal Writing service category entirely.".

I didn't know that. Three of my gigs are about legal consultancy/legal writing. 

Thank-you for the detailed suggestions, I would change the thumbnail for my 'research and summaries' gig. I'm not a designer and make the thumbnails myself. Do you think I should hire a designer to help me create professional, yet pervasive thumbnails? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

Do you think I should hire a designer to help me create professional, yet pervasive thumbnails? 

You could do that. It might help.

For the 'research and summaries' gig when I suggested to change it I thought the text on it could be changed (I didn't mean the overall design of it). So maybe that could be edited and also maybe moved down slightly so it shows fully on the profile.

But for the other gigs you could check how they look and how readable they are on the profile page since that is how they will look in search results. eg. the "I will draft bespoke legal and business agreements for you" gig the text on the main gig image when shown on the profile could be a bit more readable. The text on the "I will write your amazon, shopify, or ecommerce store product description" gig's main image has the last line of the text getting mostly cut off when shown on the profile. It might be to do with the aspect ratio of the image (it might be that about 1.619:1 might crop less or that might not be the best ratio any more) and/or you could just move the text inwards to prevent it cropping a bit on the profile.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10