Bad Experience With a Buyer

dennysshawn

I have a very bad experience with a buyer. He made an order of $100 (which is huge to me because I outsourced to another writer) since I was very busy. He wanted me to create blogs to rank on Google and bring down one negative blog link that is hurting his job prospects. The "bad link" is an organization that accuses him of gross misconduct. Now, only one blog has ranked on Google as at the time of writing (He's salty about that) and he claims that all my blogs are simply a rewording of his other blogs that focus on his research findings. The problem is that he is a health practitioner and creating blogs that don't focus on his research would be a problem too. How do you create a blog about someone's research findings and include information that is not true? My instincts tell me that he will give me a very difficult time. What do you suggest I do? Should I contact Customer Support?

1 hour ago, dennysshawn said:

He made an order of $100 (which is huge to me because I outsourced to another writer) since I was very busy.

So, someone specifically hired you, and you gave that order to another seller to complete? Did the buyer know that you did this?

he claims that all my blogs are simply a rewording of his other blogs that focus on his research findings.

But they aren't YOUR blogs... you passed along the work to someone else to complete. That other person wrote those blogs.

What do you suggest I do?

I suggest that you don't pass along work someone else hired YOU to do, and then claim the work that the someone else did as your own. You didn't do any of the work. And if that someone else did bad work, that makes YOUR buyer unhappy, well, that's a consequence of you not doing the work YOU were hire to do. YOU are responsible for pleasing YOUR client. That's the whole point of being a freelancer.

It is also worth noting that you wrote the following on your Fiverr profile: 

"If you are looking for a detail-focused and incredibly organized professional, look no further. I'm a skilled and competent writer with a wealth of experience in essay and blog writing.... I assure you quality services, reliability, and timely delivery." 

You assure quality services to all of your buyers, so if you pass along the work you were hired to do, to someone else, and they do not provide that promised level of quality service, that becomes YOUR fault, and a problem YOU need to resolve with YOUR buyer.

14 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

So, someone specifically hired you, and you gave that order to another seller to complete? Did the buyer know that you did this?

But they aren't YOUR blogs... you passed along the work to someone else to complete. That other person wrote those blogs.

I suggest that you don't pass along work someone else hired YOU to do, and then claim the work that the someone else did as your own. You didn't do any of the work. And if that someone else did bad work, that makes YOUR buyer unhappy, well, that's a consequence of you not doing the work YOU were hire to do. YOU are responsible for pleasing YOUR client. That's the whole point of being a freelancer.

It is also worth noting that you wrote the following on your Fiverr profile: 

"If you are looking for a detail-focused and incredibly organized professional, look no further. I'm a skilled and competent writer with a wealth of experience in essay and blog writing.... I assure you quality services, reliability, and timely delivery." 

You assure quality services to all of your buyers, so if you pass along the work you were hired to do, to someone else, and they do not provide that promised level of quality service, that becomes YOUR fault, and a problem YOU need to resolve with YOUR buyer.

Thank you for your timely response, Jonbaas. I forgot to mention that I would send the completed articles to him in batches for review and he had no issues whatsoever. He would not let me work on any other article before approving the completed write ups. Also, I only have one writer and I thoroughly check her work to ensure it's in tandem with the client's requirements.

15 minutes ago, dennysshawn said:

I forgot to mention that I would send the completed articles to him in batches for review and he had no issues whatsoever. He would not let me work on any other article before approving the completed write ups.

This does not address what I wrote. And it sounds reasonable of the buyer to make this request. 

Again, YOU didn't do any of the work. You gave the work to another seller, whom the buyer did not hire.

If you're not doing the work, is it really honest of YOU to claim to be a skilled writer? You didn't write anything.

19 minutes ago, dennysshawn said:

Also, I only have one writer and I thoroughly check her work to ensure it's in tandem with the client's requirements.

So.... what you're saying is that YOU don't write any of the work, which means YOU are not the writer you claim to be? 

You specifically tell all buyers that: ""If you are looking for a detail-focused and incredibly organized professional, look no further. I'm a skilled and competent writer with a wealth of experience in essay and blog writing.... I assure you quality services, reliability, and timely delivery." Does this mean that you are lying to every buyer that chooses to hire you? What if I were to hire you, and expected YOU to do the work I purchased? 

I'm not trying to be mean, but I am pointing out a slew of problems with your promises, your work, and what buyers likely expect from you -- which do not appear to be happening. These are red flags, and may be things you should consider taking a look at, if YOU want to be a better seller.

5 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

This does not address what I wrote. And it sounds reasonable of the buyer to make this request. 

Again, YOU didn't do any of the work. You gave the work to another seller, whom the buyer did not hire.

If you're not doing the work, is it really honest of YOU to claim to be a skilled writer? You didn't write anything.

So.... what you're saying is that YOU don't write any of the work, which means YOU are not the writer you claim to be? 

You specifically tell all buyers that: ""If you are looking for a detail-focused and incredibly organized professional, look no further. I'm a skilled and competent writer with a wealth of experience in essay and blog writing.... I assure you quality services, reliability, and timely delivery." Does this mean that you are lying to every buyer that chooses to hire you? What if I were to hire you, and expected YOU to do the work I purchased? 

I'm not trying to be mean, but I am pointing out a slew of problems with your promises, your work, and what buyers likely expect from you -- which do not appear to be happening. These are red flags, and may be things you should consider taking a look at, if YOU want to be a better seller.

You have a point, John. You should not outsource your tasks to anyone. The buyer trusts that you will diligently work on the order by yourself. 
But sometimes we have very busy schedules and overwhelming tasks. I really hope that you never give your client's work to any freelancer. 
Thank you for your insights. I also made a mistake.

You have a point, John. You should not outsource your tasks to anyone. The buyer trusts that you will diligently work on the order by yourself. 

Precisely. If you claim to be a skilled freelancer, and you promise to do the work you provide in your gigs, the buyer expects the promised work from YOU, not another seller whom they did not hire. Never make promises that you have no intention of keeping.

But sometimes we have very busy schedules and overwhelming tasks.

Then ask the buyer to extend the order deadline, to provide YOU with more time to complete what YOU promised to the buyer.

I really hope that you never give your client's work to any freelancer. 

I never have. I have always completed every service that I was hired to complete. 

Thank you for your insights. I also made a mistake.

That's why this forum is here -- to offer opportunities to learn and become a better seller.

Archived