How can I work at Fiverr on abroad?

ajommahmud

Question

4 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, ajommahmud said:

I'm a Bangladeshi citizen. I want to travel to my neighboring country India through passport-visa. What do I have to do if I want to work in Fiverr from India. I want to stay in India for 6/7 days.

Fiverr is an international marketplace. You can work on Fiverr from anywhere. You'll have no issue working on Fiverr while in India. I'm Norwegian, but I live in Spain. I also travel a lot and I've never experienced any issues. The only thing I noticed is that Fiverr can require you to go through some extra confirmations if you're logging in from a new device or IP, just to make sure it's you. 

I always recommend activating two-factor authentication for added security, especially when you're out travelling. 

On public WiFi, many folks will recommend that you use a VPN to protect yourself, but using a VPN can create some issues when using Fiverr. This isn't because you're not allowed to use a VPN (I've asked support and they confirmed this), but because Fiverr has measures in place to detect fraud. When you use a VPN, you're basically sharing an IP with thousands of other people – and some of them might be a seller on Fiverr. If Fiverr sees multiple accounts logging in from the same IP, this can trigger an automatic system that will make the website unavailable for you while Fiverr checks out the activity. 

Besides, you don't really need a VPN to encrypt your traffic on public WiFi, because all HTTPS traffic is encrypted already, directly in your browser. If you see the padlock symbol in the address bar, your traffic is encrypted already. All you do when using a VPN is hiding which websites you're visiting from your ISP or network provider, but at the same time,  you're just giving that info to the VPN company instead. 

So many lies about how VPN works out there, and what it can do. So avoid using  VPN if you can. 🙂

• Like 13
  • Up 3

On 8/20/2022 at 12:43 AM, smashradio said:

Fiverr is an international marketplace. You can work on Fiverr from anywhere. You'll have no issue working on Fiverr while in India. I'm Norwegian, but I live in Spain. I also travel a lot and I've never experienced any issues. The only thing I noticed is that Fiverr can require you to go through some extra confirmations if you're logging in from a new device or IP, just to make sure it's you. 

I always recommend activating two-factor authentication for added security, especially when you're out travelling. 

On public WiFi, many folks will recommend that you use a VPN to protect yourself, but using a VPN can create some issues when using Fiverr. This isn't because you're not allowed to use a VPN (I've asked support and they confirmed this), but because Fiverr has measures in place to detect fraud. When you use a VPN, you're basically sharing an IP with thousands of other people – and some of them might be a seller on Fiverr. If Fiverr sees multiple accounts logging in from the same IP, this can trigger an automatic system that will make the website unavailable for you while Fiverr checks out the activity. 

Besides, you don't really need a VPN to encrypt your traffic on public WiFi, because all HTTPS traffic is encrypted already, directly in your browser. If you see the padlock symbol in the address bar, your traffic is encrypted already. All you do when using a VPN is hiding which websites you're visiting from your ISP or network provider, but at the same time,  you're just giving that info to the VPN company instead. 

So many lies about how VPN works out there, and what it can do. So avoid using  VPN if you can. 🙂

Hi smashradio, thank you so much for your details writing. It's really very helpful article about my question. Yes, you are right, I never login in my Fiverr account using VPN, and really it's not safe for everyone. Thanks again for your advice. 

• Like 8

On 8/20/2022 at 12:31 AM, fahimeh22 said:

I think you should avoid public wifi network while working in fiverr. But I am not sure.

Fahim, actually public WiFi is not safe for any important login. Public Wifi means (Free Wifi like, restaurant, shop, unknown places Wifi connection). I hope you are agree with me. 

• Like 7