Buyer was using unnecessary bad language and disrespected me & Left a 1 star review because my work can be done by anyone?

greentyt

Hey there!

I'm writing this regardless to my last order. I was recently contacted by a customer who seemed pretty childish and had absolutely zero respect for me. From the moment he messaged me "yo wake up I got a job for ya" I knew this order was going to be a bit different. After a short chat in which I asked more information about the job he suddenly placed an order, so I started working.

After a while, I've attached some progress pictures, however he wasn't really pleased with it as he kept wanting me to modify certain stuff, although those things were initially requested by him. ( FYI : I've been working in this domain for the past 7 years and my work is highly rated, I can assure the result was looking really good, much much better than I actually expected )

I've agreed to the changes, even though I wasn't obligated, and sent him the results pictures. As soon as he saw the photos, he mentioned the work "looks like fxcking sh!t, I'm stuck with you because I can't get a refund" out of no-where. I was extremely confused, politely asked him to remain calm and talk with respect. I've asked him maybe 20 times what's wrong with it and he kept avoiding the question and leave me other instructions. Eventually after some small changes ( the final result was totally different from his initial request ) he was fine with it and asked me to deliver the order. 

His review was extremely weird (he rated both the work and communication 5 stars but the recommendation only 1 star) and made no sense to me :

"It was a little difficult to communicate to him what I wanted, and some of that is my fault, but once the build's done and over with, you can get the idea of how you can improve it and make it better yourself. Overall, this is a decent gig, personally I wouldn't ever buy from this guy again because it actually gives me the confidence to become an expert at building. "
He pretty much just rated me 1 star simply because my work encouraged him to become a game builder himself?

Obviously this review will sadly affect my profile ( 3.7 stars ) and I'm not sure whether to contact support or not to try and get this feedback removed as it makes no sense and the buyer was taking this order as a joke.

Thanks for reading this and have an amazing day!

( Sorry for possible grammar mistakes )

Edited by greentyt
  • Like 19
  • Sad 4

• greentyt changed the title to Buyer was using unnecessary bad language and disrespected me & Left a 1 star review because my work can be done by anyone?
1 hour ago, greentyt said:

I'm not sure whether to contact support

Sellers that have contacted CS about changing reviews in the past have received warnings, and I would drop the matter. 4.9 is still a good review average, and it should not stop buyers from ordering from you, as the content of the review is not so bad.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

In addition to what others have said, if anyone contacted me with 

9 hours ago, greentyt said:

"yo wake up I got a job for ya"

I'd probably tell them that, unfortunately, I'm busy with several other projects right now, and wouldn't be able to assist them with theirs.

• Like 18

Hello, 

I am so sorry to hear this, the only feedback and personal advice I would give as a seller is a quote I have to remind myself of constantly, to "be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you."

"yo wake up I got a job for ya" = I am not working with you and I will let you know in the most direct, respectful, and professional way possible. 

There is a book I love by Jay Baer called Hug Your Haters that I refer to in these situations as well. 

Good luck.

Warm regards, 

Carlos

• Like 13

On 7/28/2022 at 12:48 AM, bigspaniard said:

Hello, 

I am so sorry to hear this, the only feedback and personal advice I would give as a seller is a quote I have to remind myself of constantly, to "be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you."

"yo wake up I got a job for ya" = I am not working with you and I will let you know in the most direct, respectful, and professional way possible. 

There is a book I love by Jay Baer called Hug Your Haters that I refer to in these situations as well. 

Good luck.

Warm regards, 

Carlos

Appreciate the help 🙂

• Like 11