How to provide copyright document of design to client?

matthewsoikot

Question

Hello there

I have made 10 T-shirt designs for one of my client last year and he is selling these design on a plat form. But now the platform has asked him to provide the proof that he have the rights to use those designs. So he has asked me to provide some documents that it must be written that he has the rights to use those designs commercially for merch. He is asking for something like this (attached document). 

I am also willing to provide him the document but I don't know how to make a proper professional copyright document so that he has the license to use those designs commercially for merch. Can anyone help with this regard. 

licence__309212.pdf

• Like 9

4 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, matthewsoikot said:

he has asked me to provide some documents

You shouldn't need to (unless your gig explicitly states that you do not include commercial use in a package) as the order with that Buyer should have an indicator that  if did/does include a commercial use license. The Fiverr Terms of Service states:

Gig Commercial Use License
By purchasing a “Commercial Use License” with your Gig Order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the Seller retains all ownership rights. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to Fiverr’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor Fiverr will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.

Therefore the only proof they should need to provide to that platform is the Order that states they bought a commercial use license with their purchase of your gig. I'll admit, I don't know what the order page looks like from the Buyer side, but the 'Order Details' in the Seller side lists what is and is not included with the gig.

Now, if you didn't set your gig up properly, then your Buyer might indeed more proof, but I'm not clicking/downloading a random PDF from the internet to see what you claim you were provided.

• Like 11