Never work before accepting offer

dorcasoladeji

This is a tip for new seller. Do not do any work for any buyer until you both agree and the buyer accept your offer or place order. You would only get used by the buyer then probably block you.

This happened to me and will never happen again. The buyer contact me and we both chat and come to conclusion, then I created a custom offer for the buyer. He then requested that I complete the work before he accept my offer. Which I did believing in his fake promise. Immediately I finished the work, he blocked me. 

I have learnt from that and to ensure it does not happen to another seller, I decided to share the experience.

• Like 18

It's obvious that you shouldn't work with someone unless they place an order. This guarantees you get paid. Work without an order and you work for free. If someone tries to make you work without an order, then they are most likely a scammer or they are new to Fiverr and don't know how it works. But you should always work with an order placed for whatever that person wants.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

You would think this is obvious, like my esteemed collegue, @donnovan86, pointed out. 

Unfortunately, a lot of sellers don't go for obvious, and do it anyway. I've experienced this multiple times as a buyer, too: sellers wanting to deliver the work before the order is placed. They do this because they are afraid of negative feedback, and want to make sure the buyer loves their work before they risk opening up the order. Big mistake. 

Other times, it's the buyer just looking for free work, like in the OPs case. Very unfortunate, so I think this is great advice for new sellers, even though it's obvious to most of us. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

All fingers are not equal. Same like this, all buyers are not the same. Some are VERY kind and some are like those you mentioned in your post. 

So, it is of course a best practice to take order first before working on it. Good Post !  😊

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1