Buyers keep asking for revisions after the order is completed...

ubun97

Question

Recently there are some buyers keep asking me for revisions after they received and closed the order. (Same buyer and is already the third time...And it starts to irritate me)

They did not leave a review yet and now they are still in the period of 10 days to leave a review.

Without taking risk of getting a negative review, I decided to leave the buyer a "friendly reminder" and tell them 'I do it for you this time only. Please do check before receive or close the order. You can ask for extend delivery time if you need to wait for your client’s approvals. If any further changes or requests need in the future on this project, I will create an offer and charge for it.'

I would like to avoid this situation in the future so I had added "A friendly reminder" in my FAQ but I guess there'll be some buyers are "too busy" to read through all.

Is there any better solution for this situation? Very appreciate if have any suggestion!!!!!!💕💕💕💕💕

• Like 11
  • Up 1

9 answers to this question

I think in this situation you can simply ask the buyer that the changes they are asking for were not in the scope of work hence I'll have to charge you a small fee.

You can also let the buyer know that I don't provide after-service. if you think that the client is impolite then what you did is right.

The review phobia is preety bad, to be honest.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, ubun97 said:

Is there any better solution for this situation? Very appreciate if have any suggestion!!!!!!💕💕💕💕💕

So you decided to work for free out of fear of a negative review. I'm afraid that letting your buyers bully you into freebies will only have one consequence: they will ask for more freebies. It's an evil circle. 

Like you said: it's the third time this has happened. 

If I were you, I would stand my ground and tell the buyer that the order is completed. For this reason, you will have to charge for any additional work that wasn't in the scope of the original order. If the buyer refuses, I'd take the negative review and respond to it, explaining what happened professionally. 

This has two effects (well, besides fewer orders for a little while). 

1) The buyer you said no to will most likely follow proper procedures next time (or not order from you again, in which case, I'd be happy either way)

2) Other buyers inclined to pressure and bully sellers into free work can read your response to the review. They will instantly know you aren't about to let anyone push you around. 

In the end, you have established boundaries and learned to say "no." It might land you a negative review, but unless you're brand new and have very few reviews, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's better than getting into a bad habit of letting others exploit you, that's for sure. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

I'd take the negative review and respond to it, explaining what happened professionally.

But you know, review affects buyers eye always. Isn't there any way to remove that bad review from the sellers profile? Like explaining the cs ,what happend and why you need to remove that bad review?!!!!

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, design_geniee said:

But you know, review affects buyers eye always. Isn't there any way to remove that bad review from the sellers profile? Like explaining the cs ,what happend and why you need to remove that bad review?!!!!

No. Reviews can't be removed unless they violate the terms on Fiverr. Of course, reviews affect buyers. When looking for sellers, I like to check the negative reviews first because their response (how they handle negative reviews) tells me a lot about that seller. 

If they are true professionals, the response will show that. I have much more respect for a seller who knows their worth and dares to stand up for what they believe in than an unprofessional seller willing to get bullied into working for free. It separates the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. 

If a buyer doesn't want to order from you because of a bad review from someone who tried to bully you, that's totally fine. I don't care and would rather not work with people who think that sort of behavior is okay.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 12:27 AM, farrukh_bala said:

I think in this situation you can simply ask the buyer that the changes they are asking for were not in the scope of work hence I'll have to charge you a small fee.

You can also let the buyer know that I don't provide after-service. if you think that the client is impolite then what you did is right.

The review phobia is preety bad, to be honest.

Thank you for your comment.

Super agree with the "The review phobia is preety bad", hopefully review time can be shorten to "review within 24 hours."

On 7/7/2022 at 4:51 AM, smashradio said:

So you decided to work for free out of fear of a negative review. I'm afraid that letting your buyers bully you into freebies will only have one consequence: they will ask for more freebies. It's an evil circle. 

Like you said: it's the third time this has happened. 

If I were you, I would stand my ground and tell the buyer that the order is completed. For this reason, you will have to charge for any additional work that wasn't in the scope of the original order. If the buyer refuses, I'd take the negative review and respond to it, explaining what happened professionally. 

This has two effects (well, besides fewer orders for a little while). 

1) The buyer you said no to will most likely follow proper procedures next time (or not order from you again, in which case, I'd be happy either way)

2) Other buyers inclined to pressure and bully sellers into free work can read your response to the review. They will instantly know you aren't about to let anyone push you around. 

In the end, you have established boundaries and learned to say "no." It might land you a negative review, but unless you're brand new and have very few reviews, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's better than getting into a bad habit of letting others exploit you, that's for sure. 

Thank you for your comment.

After reading your comment, I noticed I had let my fear lead me. Thank you helping me to realize it.

After few days has passed, today the buyer reach out to me again and want me to re-record all whole project and submit to her within the same day. The buyer even send me "how to record audio" video. 

Never mind. I will block the buyer later~

On 7/7/2022 at 6:01 AM, design_geniee said:

Thank you for your question.

• Like 5

I'm afraid that adding anything to FAQ will work with this problem of yours. 

the easiest way to handle this is,

1. Add Gig extras for Extra Revisions
  2. At the beginning of the Order, let your client know about your revision policy. be very polite and explain it to them. be careful Not To sound like you are running after money for extra revisions!
  3. if a customer asks for revisions after order completion anyway, well.... you don't have any option if it gets to this stage. Rather than risking a negative review, see what you can do about it, do it and then explain...

But always be very clear about,

• WHAT YOU DELIVER
  • and WHAT YOU DO NOT DELIVER

At the beginning of the Order! that way I guess you'll be able to avoid this in the future!

wish you all the best and take care! 😀

-Harry

• Like 3
  • Up 1

35 minutes ago, studio_cottage said:

I'm afraid that adding anything to FAQ will work with this problem of yours. 

the easiest way to handle this is,

1. Add Gig extras for Extra Revisions
  2. At the beginning of the Order, let your client know about your revision policy. be very polite and explain it to them. be careful Not To sound like you are running after money for extra revisions!
  3. if a customer asks for revisions after order completion anyway, well.... you don't have any option if it gets to this stage. Rather than risking a negative review, see what you can do about it, do it and then explain...

But always be very clear about,

• WHAT YOU DELIVER
  • and WHAT YOU DO NOT DELIVER

At the beginning of the Order! that way I guess you'll be able to avoid this in the future!

wish you all the best and take care! 😀

-Harry

Thank you Harry for your suggest. 😄 

All the best to you too.🥰 🥰

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ubun97 said:

After few days has passed, today the buyer reach out to me again and want me to re-record all whole project and submit to her within the same day. The buyer even send me "how to record audio" video. 

Never mind. I will block the buyer later~

Ugh! Good on you for blocking them. 

• Like 3