Buyer asking for extra work, how to manage this type of buyer?

mdmasumbd

Recently I'm doing a web development project, before we started we created a PDF contract. Now project is almost end but now he is asking to do such a task that are not included in our pdf contract, and the task is not small & it will take a long time.

Then I send him a screenshot of our contract but he is not happy. It looks he will not provide a good rating if the job is complete.

So the problem is if we don't extra work then buyer can give us a bad rating, so how can we handle this type of buyer? or how can Fiverr help us at this situation?

Thank you.

Edited by mdmasumbd
By mistake I submited it by Bengli language, now it's English.
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

• mdmasumbd changed the title to Buyer asking for extra work, how to manage this type of buyer?

مرحبًا! هل هذا هو منشور اللغات المضحك حيث يمكننا استخدام الكتابة المتعرجة بدلاً من اللغة الإنجليزية؟

我也可以做中文。 沒有那麼曲折。 更多的盒形文字。

Или как насчет русского языка, который выглядит намного более знакомым, но в наши дни мы должны ненавидеть все русское.

最後に、日本語。

Did you understand any of that, OP? No? Well, that's your post on an English-speaking forum. 

P.S. While I used Google Translate for the stream of foreign language nonsense above, I didn't bother to translate yours. Sorry! Likely you will return the favor though, so we're square :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

مرحبًا! هل هذا هو منشور اللغات المضحك حيث يمكننا استخدام الكتابة المتعرجة بدلاً من اللغة الإنجليزية؟

我也可以做中文。 沒有那麼曲折。 更多的盒形文字。

Или как насчет русского языка, который выглядит намного более знакомым, но в наши дни мы должны ненавидеть все русское.

最後に、日本語。

Did you understand any of that, OP? No? Well, that's your post on an English-speaking forum. 

P.S. While I used Google Translate for the stream of foreign language nonsense above, I didn't bother to translate yours. Sorry! Likely you will return the favor though, so we're square 🙂

It was by mistake, I've updated the article.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, mdmasumbd said:

So the problem is if we don't extra work then buyer can give us a bad rating,

Two pieces of advice, First, if they want more work than initially agreed to, send them a gig extra with the additional charges and requirements explained. Be firm, you have to be able to say that the original requirements were ABC, and now you want XYZ, which adds this much more. Second, you need to get over this fear of a bad review. It is the key that bad buyers will use to blackmail you every time if you are afraid. Fight for what you deserve, and take your lumps in the process, but don't be bullied into free work.  

• Like 5
  • Up 10

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Second, you need to get over this fear of a bad review. It is the key that bad buyers will use to blackmail you every time if you are afraid. Fight for what you deserve, and take your lumps in the process, but don't be bullied into free work.  

Thank you so much for your great advice. You are right, we need to get over this fear of a bad review.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Not sure, but this Wikipedia article might help. 

In project management, change orders are also called variations or variation orders. Any modification or change to works agreed in the contract is treated as a variation. These modifications can be divided into three main categories

• Addition to the work agreed in the contract.
  • Omission of work agreed in the contract.
  • Substitution or alteration of work agreed in the contract.

A change order is work that is added to or deleted from the original scope of work of a contract. Depending on the magnitude of the change, it may or may not alter the original contract amount and/or completion date. A change order may force a new project to handle significant changes to the current project.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_order

I normally would absolutely and fully agree with Newsmike, but if the change-order request is large enough (in either scope or duration or cost), AND if your current order is very large as well, it might be worth trying to close this order and creating a new one for the additional work, rather than dragging this one out.

Again, ONLY if the current order AND the additional work are large.

• Like 8
  • Up 2