I have this account since 2016. I never made a sale.

music_77

Hello! I registered on fiverr in 2016. Most of the gigs I've had so far offer website ui design. I recently created a new gig. I always get many impressions and just a few clicks. I know that this time it will be the same. I will get many impressions and still no sales. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use good titles and I try to have a nice image but nothing ever seem to work. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, music_77 said:

Hello! I registered on fiverr in 2016. Most of the gigs I've had so far offer website ui design. I recently created a new gig. I always get many impressions and just a few clicks. I know that this time it will be the same. I will get many impressions and still no sales. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use good titles and I try to have a nice image but nothing ever seem to work. 

I'm not a professional web designer (I've done a few sites for clients outside of Fiverr over the years). So I can't say anything about being in that gig category, specifically. 

I'm a top rated seller here on Fiverr in other categories, though, so I know a bit about how Fiverr works. 

I'll start with first impressions: your gig thumbnail

It has too much text. Difficult to read on smaller displays. 

You have a gig using Figma. But most clients won't need that, or even know what it is. If you're a good web designer, you should know how to use other tools, like Wix, Wordpress and so on. They might have a higher demand (but also, more competition). 

Your value proposition

Where is it? What do you offer, that makes you stand out from other buyers? What is your clients pain points, and how do you solve them? Why should buyers order from you, and not someone else? What makes your gig special? 

Answering those questions should help you to create a strategy. You need to show potential buyers right away that you understand them, that you have the solution for them, and that there's more value to be had ordering your gig, compared to the one next to you. 

Your portfolio

Since you're new, you have no reviews to back up your claims. So you should use your portfolio to upload previous work, show off your skills and convince the buyers that you're the right choice. 

Your gig description

Your gig description is very lacking. This is the place to sell yourself and your skills to the buyers. Your gig description should shine. Use every single available character and make sure it's professionally written, without any grammar issues. After a short introduction, start off by showing that you know the client's pain points and needs. Then explain how you're gonna solve it. Show off your skills and value proposition. 

Gig video? 

Consider hiring a professional animator to set up a gig video. Use the same as mentioned above: pain point, needs, solution, value proposition. Don't go for the cheapest sellers when making your gig video. Hire a professional script writer, and send them your gig description and more information about your business. Have them write a killer video script. Then hire a professional voice actor to do the voice over for the video. Gigs with videos will often have a higher chance of engaging the buyers and converts better. 

Profile description

What is your background? Education? Experience? Be truthful, but don't be afraid of selling yourself here. You're the brand. Show it. 

Hope this helps!

Also, there's tons of guidance to be found on the forum. This is a great place to start: 

You need to treat your Fiverr profile like a business. Have a business plan, have a strategy! 🙂 

• Up 5

Disclaimer: brutal honesty coming up

Background: I run a website and work in a UX-related field

Piggy-backing off of @smashradio's suggestions, I'm going to double-down on a few of their suggestions.

Your thumbnail. It has too much text. Difficult to read on smaller displays. 

If I was looking for your services to improve my own website, this would be a huge red flag for me. If you can't demonstrate what makes for a good web user experience with your own gig here on Fiverr, how can I tell you'll do better with my own site?

Tip: Visit Youtube and just scroll through your feeds. Which thumbnails stand out the most to you? I'll bet you it's those that rely very little or hardly at all on text.

you should use your portfolio to upload previous work, show off your skills and convince the buyers that you're the right choice. 

Same as my above comment, how can I tell if you're the right choice if you won't demonstrate to me somehow? You're in a visual-oriented field where you should be following the old adage "show, don't tell".

You say you've made a gig about website UI and I feel those may be a dime a dozen these days on Fiverr. In other words, it's likely a competitive market. All is not lost, though. Consider how you can stand out with the following questions:

- Is my gig too broad? Is there something more specific I can be doing that prospective clients need?

- Am I aware of the latest web design trends? Is there a particular design style I could be selling?

- Do my clients know what they need? Would selling an auditing/consultation gig get my foot in the door?

That last point is something I'd urge you to consider heavily, combined with a solid portfolio to back you up. As a website owner, I can tell you for sure that an expert opinion will be something I'll gladly pay for down the line when my site starts returning on its investment.

• Up 4

2 hours ago, yannisenglish said:

Tip: Visit Youtube and just scroll through your feeds. Which thumbnails stand out the most to you? I'll bet you it's those that rely very little or hardly at all on text.

So true. Yet...

image.png.6a9eb00780ed61d1a33f9df2ec7741f1.png

Be careful what you wish for. 

1 hour ago, yannisenglish said:

Lol is that Linus? Not a fan 😄

Yep, that's him! I enjoy his content for what it is. But his thumbnails? They are a prime example of who not to emulate from Youtube when making gig thumbnails. Or maybe... Just maybe..... 

image.thumb.png.1e741ab12720880421c7037097a86cd8.png

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Yep, that's him! I enjoy his content for what it is. But his thumbnails? They are a prime example of who not to emulate from Youtube when making gig thumbnails. Or maybe... Just maybe..... 

image.thumb.png.1e741ab12720880421c7037097a86cd8.png

Or should we....? 😄

All jokes aside, I see what you mean and you are correct. There are a lot of conventions followed on YouTube that do not work on Fiverr.

My main point for the OP was to focus on visual with their thumbnails rather than text.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yannisenglish said:

My main point for the OP was to focus on visual with their thumbnails rather than text.

We're totally in agreement on that. 

In the meantime, I want to make a gig using that thumbnail. Perhaps it can be called "I will expertly craft your voice over gig thumbnail like this". I could make a lot of dough! Don't you think? 🤑Suggest me, dear sir!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smashradio said:

We're totally in agreement on that. 

In the meantime, I want to make a gig using that thumbnail. Perhaps it can be called "I will expertly craft your voice over gig thumbnail like this". I could make a lot of dough! Don't you think? 🤑Suggest me, dear sir!

I think it might be a....smash hit

reaction-scrubs.gif

• Haha 1