Confused about Service Offering

ocularevolution

Question

I'm a 3D generalist (modelling, texturing, animation, product/scene concepting), and I've had an account as a seller for over a year, but I've only gotten one request so far. I have my 'Category' and 'Service Type' set up as Graphics & Design > Industrial & Product Design > 3D Modelling & Rendering, and yet for a year now, nearly all of the Buyer Requests have been for CAD modelers, which I'm not. Is my current gig's 'Category' and 'Service Type' bringing in the wrong potential customers? If so, what should it be for a 3D generalist?

5 answers to this question

I'm no artist so I'm not able to advise on the right category. But perhaps look into your competitors or services similar to what you're able to offer, ideally the ones with sales already. You will be able to see in the gig page the category they placed their gigs under. I do think you placed it under the right criteria though.

4 hours ago, ocularevolution said:

but I've only gotten one request so far.

Do you mean buyer requests? This is not so much because of the service type you placed it under. Sellers with no levels really do not see a lot of buyer requests. Once a new set of buyer requests come in, they disappear from your view once 10 other no level sellers have made an offer. So its a matter of being the first one to make an offer. Once you reach Level 1 and above, you will be able to see buyer requests more regularly without it having to disappear from your view.

My best suggestion would be to study your competitors and see what's working for them. Identify what kind of services (under the skills that you have) are needed t the most or what could potentially be a unique service that might be needed that your competitors aren't offering. It would help as well if you bring in clients (in case if you have regular clients outside of Fiverr) to purchase your services on Fiverr instead so at least your gig will get some initial sales, which can help your standing as a seller on Fiverr one way or another.

You should have different gigs that match the specific things you can do, rather than one general gig. Especially since your offerings are so diverse. Texturing and animation are two completely different services and currently your SEO probably matches neither so you aren't getting any hits since people will be searching for something specific. 

Pick a few of your best areas and make a few gigs that specifically focus on those skills, with a strong portfolio of previous work to show that off. I think that will help a lot.

While you might be able to do the full package of 3D rendering, that really might not be a specific enough niche to cater to what people are looking for. 

When a room becomes cluttered, it's easier to clean up by seperating the items into different piles. The same is true for your gigs. Seperate them into specific categories and you'll be more likely to attract the buyers you want.

I think in terms of category, you may be fine, but your service type could be more accurate. "3D modeling and rendering" is a pretty broad term that could encompass anything from simple 3D models to full product renderings. If you're only getting requests for CAD modelers, it's likely because your gig title and/or description aren't accurately reflecting what you do.

You should seperate your gig into multiple services, each with it's own specific title and description. That way, buyers can more easily find the services they're looking for. For example, you could have one gig titled "3D Modeling" with a description that outlines the types of modeling you do, another gig titled "3D Rendering" with a description that outlines the types of rendering you do, etc.

It isn't necessary to have a gig for every single service you offer, but the more specific and accurate your gig titles and descriptions are, the easier it will be for buyers to find you.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, ocularevolution said:

I'm a 3D generalist (modelling, texturing, animation, product/scene concepting), and I've had an account as a seller for over a year, but I've only gotten one request so far. I have my 'Category' and 'Service Type' set up as Graphics & Design > Industrial & Product Design > 3D Modelling & Rendering, and yet for a year now, nearly all of the Buyer Requests have been for CAD modelers, which I'm not. Is my current gig's 'Category' and 'Service Type' bringing in the wrong potential customers? If so, what should it be for a 3D generalist?

Yes it may, by the way, if you have selected that category then before changing that, I think you need to look at your competitors category, which category they are in.

Archived