How do you celebrate the weekend?

katakatica

Happy Sunday people!

As a freelancer, one of the perks (and curses) of making our own schedules is that sometimes... we end up working over the weekends! 

While I don't take the them off completely, I always try to give myself some extra slack during them (and treat myself to some really nice food!)

Yesterday we went out and had Indian food for dinner - I swear the food at that place is absolutely heavenly. It was really funny though because we go there so often that we got a bonus appetizer because we're regulars!

Today is ramen time! Other than that, I make sure to take some time to walk around a bit outside, get some (Swedish, so sometimes non-existent) sun in, chat with friends and family...

So, here's my question to you all: what do you do to make the weekends feel a bit more special? 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Love Indian food and Ramen! I'm a big foodie, so definitely eat out a few times if I can, but I tend to do that during the week too, I don't really cook often. I also enjoy doing... nothing! Sometimes just reading the news, a book or watching some mindless youtube can be a real pleasure. Today though, I need to do my taxes. AHHHH. Today is the deadline and I've just ignored it until now. I'm an idiot.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

but I tend to do that during the week too,

Sometimes I go out during the week as well, but it's mostly for fika (a coffee break thing, Sweden has the BEST pastries I swear). I try to cook during the week (well, share the responsibilities), but during the weekend I like to not have to worry much about that. It's fairly easy to find tasty Asian food here, to be honest (though I've walked into a couple of traps before as well!)

Oof on the taxes though, hope they don't take too long to get through!

• Like 6

I don't take the full weekend off, but I like to supplement that with a day off through the week usually. I like to eat some good food, watch a film or two (this weekends was Chef with Jon Favreau and it was amazing!) and chill. I try to go for a really big walk every day so sometimes at the weekend I take a day off from that too (but I have a dog that still needs walked, so still have to go!). 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...