Fake birthdays

mangodrop

I've seen some users use fake birthdays on the forum, like their birthday is in 1904 when they're obviously in their 20s and 30s. I find it amusing since it's either to hide their real birthday or they might have rushed without changing it, but on the other hand, it could also make it look untrustworthy since it's dishonest (they could have just made the birthday invisible).

When I hover over the usernames here, it shows the date they joined the forum, which, IMO, is more useful and appropriate, and it would be even more useful if it showed the date they joined Fiverr as well, or instead, if just one of the two. Those two dates are fine.

Forcing anyone to put their birthdate on a forum that literally anyone with internet access can access, sorry, I can't see the value in that. Nobody here needs to know my birthday, and I don't need to know anyone's either.

Might just be me, though, I was the child who hated it if a teacher told people it was my birthday, even when "birthday children" didn't get homework that day. If Fiverr checks IDs, that's fine, if VO people have to tell people they are "between 30 and 40", or whatever, on the main site, etc., that's fine, too. And if people want to put their birthday here on the forum, that's fine, too. But I rather stick to 1904 on the forum than put my actual birthday, I can live with people thinking I'm 118, idc 😉.  I'd also take the option "don't want to say", making it invisible, that does make sense and being given the choice, would be the correct thing to do. 

I have no idea where I'd even see others' or change my own birthday here, although I know I have stumbled over that 1904 once or twice, and was amused. 

Just to clarify, I don't look into profile to look at people's birthday. The only reason I was asking was because I happen to notice a lot of birthdays ending in 1904 in the forum, which Mariashtelle1 confirmed to be a glitch. 

The main reason I look into profiles is when a seller doesn't get any sale and they sound decent in the forum, I check to see if they have a link to their gig page to see if they offer anything interesting so I can order from them to give them a chance. 

Archived