Fiverr should stop charging 20% fees on tips!!

Guest rahulnath2316

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, rabihumakhan said:

Well, buyers and sellers aren't simpletons, you know. 

Let's say someone has to place an order to you worth 500$ and you both know fiverr wouldn't charge from your tips. How about the buyer places an order worth 50$ and gives you a tip of 450$?

We human beings, are shrewd you know, so as fiverr, xD.  

If that's the case, then why not have Fiverr put an upper limit of 50% on tips? At least for the gigs less than $50. If the seller is constantly and consistently tipped 20% or over, then the fiverr system could notify the seller that they should raise the prices on your order. I don't know, it seems like a more doable and PR friendly option to me. I mean, when you tip waiters and delivery people, you expect them to keep all the tips at least, right? 

• Like 8

• 8 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 2:32 PM, sunboatrecords said:

Since I joined the forum, I have noticed some sellers complaining about the work conditions on Fiverr. Most of them have never freelanced offline and have never felt helpless against blatant abuse from a horrific client.

So, the other day I woke up to this—see attached picture.

This was a psycho client that tortured me in late September. He made me physically sick. He forced 2 orders upon me, just a few days before 'Request to Order' became available. Not only that, but he broke most ToS and rules of human decency within these orders. I reported him and, after he tortured a few more people, Fiverr staff banned him.

So this is him, initiating chargebacks for the blood money of these orders. 

And you know what? I didn't have to think twice. Fiverr, like a guardian angel, protected me from his malice.

If this was offline, I would not only have wasted days of my life, but I would also get 0 financial compensation. My only option would be to spend thousands of $ in the court system in a legal battle that would last for many months or even years.

And would I do it for a bit over $100?

So, thank you for everything, Fiverr! You can have my 20% anytime, and I hope it never ends.

I think Fiverr deserve 20% fees. Because they collect many clients and give us the chance to reach them without any marketing.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2023 at 12:43 AM, ofironit said:

Sellers tips should not be charged.

If tips would not be charged, buyers would try to manipulate the system and pay just small fees for a $5 order, then the rest would be covered via a tip because it's not charged. It would lead to heavy manipulation and we are better off without that. There are lots of scammers anyway, we don't need more.

• Like 4