Translation Unfair Competition

abdelhak_la

English to Arabic Translation  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is it high time for Fiverr to make an entrance test for freelance Arabic translators?

• Yes
    • No

Question

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, abdelhak_la said:

What I am asking is: How can I get, as an Arabic translator, to Level I or II or at least get ranked in search?

You can compete, and offer a better service than your competitors. Hard work, strategy, and determined effort will be required.

Offer a service that your target customers need YOU to complete.

8 minutes ago, abdelhak_la said:

Why would the customer choose me, as a new seller with no reviews and no work done before, instead of choosing a 2nd level seller, who got more reviews, a lower price, and delivers 1000 translated words in 24h?

Again, it all comes down to competition. Find a way to offer a better service than the level 2 sellers that are earning all the orders you want. Fiverr is a free and open market. The more you complain about the percieved unfairness of more established sellers getting all the orders, the less time you have to develop a marketing strategy that out-competes them.

Even the established sellers you are complaining about, were new sellers once, just like you. They worked hard to reach their personal business goals, and you can too. There are no easy paths to success. 

14 hours ago, abdelhak_la said:

How to get ranked in Translation market,whereas 2nd level freelancers are putting lower prices for lot of words?

Are you blaming level 2 sellers for putting low prices and that’s why you can not sell your services? 

If you are translating from Arabic to English then your English doesn’t convince me to buy from you. 

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Are you blaming level 2 sellers for putting low prices and that’s why you can not sell your services? 

If you are translating from Arabic to English then your English doesn’t convince me to buy from you. 

I don't blame them. What I am asking is: How can I get, as an Arabic translator, to Level I or II or at least get ranked in search? Because some Level II sellers are offering a translation of 1000 words for $5 in 24h. Why would the customer choose me, as a new seller with no reviews and no work done before, instead of choosing a 2nd level seller, who got more reviews, a lower price, and delivers 1000 translated words in 24h? 

And I'm not saying that my English is perfect, It's not my native language, and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

7 minutes ago, abdelhak_la said:

my English is perfect, It's not my native language, and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

There is if you are offering it as a professional service. 
English is also not my native language and I would be the first to tell people not to be ashamed of it. However you are offering a professional service and people pay for knowledges and not for you not being ashamed. 

8 minutes ago, abdelhak_la said:

Why would the customer choose me, as a new seller with

And that’s exactly the question you need to ask yourself! 
If you don’t know why and you don’t know how to position yourself differently, how to market your services, why your device is unique and how you differentiate from others then no buyer will see that to. It all comes from you and how you can come up with ways to position yourself. If you can’t then buyers wouldn’t spend time on trying to figure that out too. 

P.S some buyer do prefer buying from no level sellers for various reasons. 

Archived