Does this behavior affect my response rate?

airweb

A seller contacted me on January 2

I couldn't answer him since he was unavailable until January 3

January 3 he was unavailable until January 5

And now he's unavailable until January 12.

Does it affect my response rate, can I delete the message, because I don't want to check his status every days?

screenshot_1.png

Firstly: forum rule 3 https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/253722-community-standards-forum-rules-2021/ (also, number 9)

I'd consider just marking it as spam, since they were the one to contact me without being available to reply. That user has been on Fiverr long enough, that they should know better.

If you really want to work with them, you could try reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support and ask they they reach out to the user for you, or if they can't/won't, ask what you should to in this case.

15 hours ago, airweb said:

And it will not affect my response rate.

As long as you responded to their first message to you within 24 hours, your response rate will be fine. Now, the time it takes you to respond may go down if you do not answer an initial message from a member for hours - I have my response time go down a lot due to people who are not in the US or North America sending messages when I am asleep.

Only the first message counts in the chain as far as your analytics % being hit for answering new messages within 24 hours.

You have to do what your gut tells you, but, I would not have marked it as spam so quickly. You never know what that person's reason is for being unavailable. Could be they had a trip planned or a family emergency. Who knows. As long as you replied to their message within 24 hours (initial message) it will not be an issue.

GG

23 hours ago, airweb said:

A seller contacted me on January 2

I couldn't answer him since he was unavailable until January 3

January 3 he was unavailable until January 5

And now he's unavailable until January 12.

Does it affect my response rate, can I delete the message, because I don't want to check his status every days?

screenshot_1.png

Itis nmot affected your response rate.

4 hours ago, genuineguidance said:

As long as you replied to their message within 24 hours (initial message) it will not be an issue.

The problem is that it's impossible to reply to their first message when they are unavailable. 

Fiverr only offers to look for different sellers. 

CS told me to mark it as spam or contact them if my response rate is affected. 

Archived