Novelty orders

nickj2013

How do you guys handle pricing on novelty orders? These are sometimes nestled within the Buyer Request list, or you are contacted directly by someone asking you to perform a task. You can do the job, but it's not officially listed among any of your gigs. At the same time, it is relevant to, or adjacent to one of the services you do offer. Do you price the job the same as you would a job that falls 'directly' in line with the services you offer on Fiverr? Do you price higher, since you're stepping out of your gig zone a bit? Do you price down?

8 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

Do you price higher, since you're stepping out of your gig zone a bit? Do you price down?

It wasn't a BR but someone contacted me to design an escape room (well, several people have but I was only confident enough to tackle one at first) and it was a bit hard to price it but I ended up doing my regular 5k words package (so priced it based on word count). It worked out okay (the script plus ideas/puzzles/etc. were just shy of 5k words but we also brainstormed a good bit, so it added up.) but I will be making a gig to accomodate these kinds of (more interactive/puzzle and different game mechanic based ideas.) It will be a fixed price (but quite a bit higher than the original one just because of the amount of research/chatting that is required.)

So to end the long response - I like to see how it can fit into one of my regular packages and then sort of see from then. If I like doing it, I'll make a gig on it, if not... I won't! (but I do thrive off of 'new' things, so... it might only work out that way for me!

Archived