How to subtract services in order

janeworth

Question

Hi there, 

A buyer ordered my gig directly without messaging me first. Come to find out that he does not qualify for a grant he wanted me to write. I spent time researching this along with other opportunities for him. I want to modify the order instead of canceling so I can get paid for that time. Is there a way to do this? When I try to modify it will only let me add services, not subtract. Anyone know how?

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

You can't do that. You will have to cancel the order and quote for the new price so the buyer can buy again, that is the only way.

1 hour ago, janeworth said:

Hi there, 

A buyer ordered my gig directly without messaging me first. Come to find out that he does not qualify for a grant he wanted me to write. I spent time researching this along with other opportunities for him. I want to modify the order instead of canceling so I can get paid for that time. Is there a way to do this? When I try to modify it will only let me add services, not subtract. Anyone know how?

There is no such system in Fiverr. You cancel this order and you have to take a new order. Or you can talk to the buyer.

5 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Make a new custom order, that details the work you've already done, FIRST. The Buyer should COMPLETE the new custom order BEFORE you cancel the old one. Otherwise you risk the Buyer vanishing on you.

This is an ideal scenario and I would suggest that. But the reality is there are certainly some buyers who don't like paying more than they already have (yes it does go to Fiverr credit) and it definitely can go back to the payment provider. Best you sort it out with the buyer before cancelling the order altogether @janeworth

Archived