Promoted Gigs, suggested cap or not?

manuelmarino

Hey there, I want to talk about the Promoted Gigs. Fantastic feature! If you want to advertise your Gigs this is what you have to do, use the Promoted Gigs 🙂

Now, Promoted Gigs have an option called CPC cap. CPC is the cost per click and the cap is the maximum amount you want to pay per click. Practically it's like an auction, highest CPC "payable" wins the auction. Not exactly this way but just to give you an idea.

The problem is the "suggested max CAP". Because many of you will ask "should I follow it?" It's a problem because the suggested CAP indeed is high. It will place your GIG in the top positions but it costs a lot.

Now you have to test the system, probably for a month, and see how much you pay that month with the "suggested max CAP". If it's in your pockets, go ahead. Otherwise you have to calculate how much you can or want to pay for this service.

Your experiences with the Promoted Gigs?

• Like 41
  • Thanks 5

In my experience, my max cap wasn't that high. I don't think I ever needed to set it beyond $0.50. However it did change a lot. Like for example, the max bid for a particular category would be $0.30 one day, then a few days later it would be $0.19. So I had to keep lowering, and then increasing my bid; sometimes twice a week.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 5

• 2 years later...
On 9/19/2021 at 6:25 AM, nickj2013 said:

In my experience, my max cap wasn't that high. I don't think I ever needed to set it beyond $0.50. However it did change a lot. Like for example, the max bid for a particular category would be $0.30 one day, then a few days later it would be $0.19. So I had to keep lowering, and then increasing my bid; sometimes twice a week.

Is there any possible way to check the CPC cap for a specific category?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leadheroes said:

Is there any possible way to check the CPC cap for a specific category?

Unfortunately not. In its current form, Promoted Gigs is not as detailed or extensive as other advertising services. Perhaps they'll expand its functionality in the future.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well! Here is a nice topic to talk. I am a Promoted Gig user since 2021. It helps to be discovered by more buyers. Order always depends on Gig quality and communication skill. If you are professional enough, then Promoted Gig is for you.

Now talk about the CPC Cap. Using the suggest Cap is little risky, when you are selling low price services. You need to calculate the cost for every orders from your Promoted Gig. If your conversion rate is high, then you can use any cap.

If your conversion rate is lower then expectation, then try lower bid when you are starting and check the results of next 3/4 day. Then make it little higher step by step until you are satisfied with the result.

Thanks.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1