A true story of a Fiverr Top rated seller

itsfaisall

If you have courage and skills then it is not enough for getting more and more orders. I have more than 6 years of experience and I examine and learned a lot of the things

Why people do marketing even top brands spent a lot on marketing?

Marketing means visibility of your product and services to potential buyers so marketing will help you in getting more sales for your product or services.

Will getting favorites and gig clicks will help in ranking my Gig?

Think about any search engine like 'Google'. If any website gets more visitors then the search engine will show the website at the top of the search results.

So, we found the clue. If you will get more visitors then Fiverr will show your gig at the top of the search result. Top in the search result means more buyer activity.

28 minutes ago, itsfaisall said:

If you will get more visitors then Fiverr will show your gig at the top of the search result. Top in the search result means more buyer activity.

I feel like this only works in the absolute best scenario which would be

•  you know your target audience and advertise only to them and no one else
  •  your gigs ARE fantastic and people click (and then order) from you
  •  you do a great job and leave with many 5 star reviews. 

If all of these conditions are met, you most likely WOULD be found more often on Fiverr as well - but isn't that mostly because of you performance? 

Imagine a situation like this:

•  I am a graphic designer (or writer, or voice actress or whatever) with very little experience but someone told me to post my links all over facebook and twitter and whatever other websites to gain more impressions.
  •  My gigs look OK but they don't provide anything remotely unique or cool 
  •  People see my gigs - might even click on them but go 'actually, that other person Fiverr shows me is better'.

Technically I'm still giving the site traffic, but while I have 2321312 impressions and maybe even high(ish) clicks, absolutely 0 orders. 

WHY on Earth would Fiverr show my profile to anyone? What they are getting back from me is 'this person brings us people but can't actually keep them'... 

My point is - marketing COULD be useful, but only if you know what you're doing. I see hundreds of people post their half-baked gigs in facebook groups and most of them have yet to get a single order in. Marketing is only half (or not even) of the 'issue' at hand.

(by the way, I have shared my links maybe 5-6 times over the years and I'm doing fine, thank you very much. It does boil down to talent/originality for many people.)

(I'm pretty sure this has been said before, but I've been thinking about this for a while, too.)

1 hour ago, itsfaisall said:

I have more than 6 years of experience and I examine and learned a lot of the things

Who is this top rated seller that you are talking about in your topic title? Is that you a top rated seller? I see that you are completely new to fiverr and have only 2 reviews. 

1 hour ago, itsfaisall said:

Will getting favorites

Just in case you didn’t know: it’s not “gig favourites”, it’s a simple bookmarking tool. That’s it. 

Archived