Buyers having issues with attaching videos with links like Google drive

roschmr

Question

Hey everyone!

I'm a video editor and I've been a seller for a month now with one recurring buyer. I've had two buyers who have made it to the requirements stage but they both had a problem with sending their video files via links like google drive and dropbox (btw my recurring buyer sends their video files via google drive perfectly fine). This issue ending up with me having 2 cancelled orders. I just wanted to know if there was anyone else who has this problem and if so what was the solution? I'll also accept any tips anyone can offer. Thanks guys.

3 answers to this question

Firstly, I'm not a video editor. I have, however, been around the forums for awhile and see similar things come up. From what I've read, there could be a slew of possible causes, and few related to each other. A file size is too big, a platform compatibility issue, the dropbox is full, an upload error, a download error, a timed-out problem, the 'share' or 'downloadable' option wasn't turned on, the internet is slow, the browser can't handle it, etc.

Unfortunately troubleshooting is just as troublesome and time consuming, and not in my area of knowledge or skill.

The only tip(s) I can pass on is trying the standard 'clear cookies/cache and try a different browser' and tech-support mantra "Have you tried turning it off and on again?", or for the Buyer to try a different file-share platform.

15 hours ago, roschmr said:

I've had two buyers who have made it to the requirements stage but they both had a problem with sending their video files via links like google drive and dropbox

You could check what the problem is. eg. is it a dropped connection? Do they have a slow internet upload speed and are trying to upload very big files that would take them ages/may lose the connection? Could they render a more compressed version to upload without it affecting quality too much? You could ask them about the problem, the file size maybe their connection speed, the video bitrate, resolution. Also if it sometimes drops the connection while uploading to dropbox, you could ask if they could use the software version of it that allows them to continue where it left off.

Archived