Gig Denied for "Paid-for review" reason

malik_usama_min

Hey there,

Hope you are doing well. Few days ago I created a GIG of content writing and now it denied for reasons I don't understand.

DENY REASONS

Reviews - We do not allow writing and posting of paid-for reviews. It is misleading and illegal in certain jurisdictions.

is it because of I mentioned "Product Review Article" in my gig description?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hey there, 

Hope you guys are doing well. Yesterday, I created a GIG for beta reading and this morning I received a notification that my gig had been denied because of:

We do not allow the writing and posting of paid-for reviews. It is misleading and illegal in certain jurisdictions.

I don't think that beta reading violates Fiverr's TOS and I did not buy any reviews.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong.

Edited by sahgraphix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sahgraphix said:

I don't think that beta reading violates Fiverr's TOS and I did not buy any reviews.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong

It's not against the TOS. Since we can't see what you wrote we can't say but it might might have been how you worded the gig description and what you said about reviews/reviewing there. You can contact CS at the helpdesk and let them know you weren't offering those types of reviews and that you were just beta reading and see if they can re-activate the gig.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It's not against the TOS. Since we can't see what you wrote we can't say but it might might have been how you worded the gig description and what you said about reviews/reviewing there. You can contact CS at the helpdesk and let them know you weren't offering those types of reviews and that you were just beta reading and see if they can re-activate the gig.

Okay

Thanks 

By the way this was my description:

Unlock your writing's full potential with my professional beta reading services on Fiverr. With comprehensive analysis, constructive feedback, and tailored approaches, I provide valuable insights to refine your work. Trust my confidentiality, timely delivery, and cost-effective service. Elevate your writing today and receive actionable suggestions to enhance plot structure, character development, pacing, dialogue, world-building, grammar, and overall readability. Whether you aspire to be traditionally published or want to improve your writing skills, my services are tailored to your goals. Let's collaborate to bring your vision to life and ensure your manuscript shines with its strengths while addressing areas for improvement. Don't miss the opportunity to take your writing to the next level!

PS: I think it might be because I said "services on FIVERR". 

Edited by sahgraphix
missed something
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The description seems okay to me. I can't see them having a problem with the "services on Fiverr" bit. The "feedback" might sound like a review to them but there shouldn't be a problem with that either. It's normal for that category and others say that too. Maybe it could have been somewhere else in the gig that you put something that they interpreted as offering the other types of reviews. But if you ask CS to check it then I'm sure they'll see that it's not offering the disallowed types of review (ie. that beta reading is an allowed service).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, uk1000 said:

The description seems okay to me. I can't see them having a problem with the "services on Fiverr" bit. The "feedback" might sound like a review to them but there shouldn't be a problem with that either. It's normal for that category and others say that too. Maybe it could have been somewhere else in the gig that you put something that they interpreted as offering the other types of reviews. But if you ask CS to check it then I'm sure they'll see that it's not offering the disallowed types of review (ie. that beta reading is an allowed service).

Okay

Thank you for your quick response!

• Like 3
  • Up 1