My fiverr account has been restricted

Today i received a notification from fiverr that i am contacting buyers outside fiverr and my account just got restricted. My gigs have been denied and i am not able to chat but i can still complete my active orders. I think what i did was that i just reported a buyer who was hiring people outside fiverr and instead my account got restricted. How to fix this issue now?

How did you “report” the buyer? What do you mean by hiring people outside Fiverr – how did you know the buyer was doing so? Did buyer tell you to contact him/her outside the platform?

Did you mention certain words like pay, paid, payment, names of competitor platforms or messaging apps etc?

How did you “report” the buyer? What do you mean by hiring people outside Fiverr – how did you know the buyer was doing so? Did buyer tell you to contact him/her outside the platform?

Did you mention certain words like pay, paid, payment, names of competitor platforms or messaging apps etc?

I have received this tos violation in the past as well because buyers just keep on putting their numbers in the chat box and when i say that I don’t contact outside fiverr, i get this tos violation notification. I think they need to work on their investigation process.

The buyer just typed this in his message “ i am hiring people outside fiverr” and then gave his whatsapp number. So i reported him and the next thing i get after few hours is my account suspension/restriction

I’ve received messages like that several times in the past and I’ve never gotten a warning from Fiverr about contacting people outside the platform. I don’t report them though I just respond that I only accept and discuss orders within the platform.

Have you tried talking to Customer Support? support@fiverr.com

I receive those messages with their personal details like every other day. But never received any warning. Sometimes I report them and sometimes I don’t.

Something is missing. Fiverr must have read something in your chat because they don’t just restrict anyone without real issues.

Guest ligiacarvalho

I feel that there is more to that story. Read the TOS to make sure you did not violate any other rule. You can always contact CS if you feel that it is not right what happened and you want further details. However it is not guaranteed they will give you more information than the email you should have received.

Guest lloydsolutions

Today i received a notification from fiverr that i am contacting buyers outside fiverr and my account just got restricted. My gigs have been denied and i am not able to chat but i can still complete my active orders. I think what i did was that i just reported a buyer who was hiring people outside fiverr and instead my account got restricted. How to fix this issue now?

How to fix this issue now?

Restriction - means the account is partially disabled. The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Seller’s Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders.

Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer will need to wait for the trial period which can take upwards of 90 days to be completed to know if their account will be restored or permanently disabled.

Note: Customer Support cannot influence the result of this review, nor can they update the user on the review’s end date.

The above is from the Help Centre.

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum so nobody here can restore your account.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

Guest ligiacarvalho

Contact Customer Support. contact with Fiverr customer support. and ask them why they restricted your account . after knowing the reason then promise to them that you will never break any rules of Fiverr and you will never do any spam. 📞

@rayhanbadsha Fiverr does not work that way. Once the account is restricted, a designated team will review the account, and if they confirm that the seller violated TOS, the account is not restored. Customer service cannot help with that. Also, promises won’t make it happen either.

I suggest you read the Terms of Service also.

Guest ligiacarvalho

I have been restricted according to terms of service violations. I have gone over the rules and have found nothing that I have done that violates anything. How do I find out what they are referring to?

If you want some help, start your own thread. Do not post about your own questions on someone’s post.

Archived