Gig denied after small edit

bitwiseauto

Hi,

I made a small edit to one of my gigs - changed some tags and optimized the gig title. As soon as I saved the Gig was automatically denied due to “Requires Modification - General TOS Violation”. I read through all the TOS and cannot see where I have made any violations. I have sent a ticket to support and awaiting their response.

Anyone had this happen to them before? did you get a positive outcome?

No, this one is a different gig.

The other gig appears to have fixed itself, I am now appearing in the search but much lower than I used to - I will put that down to gig rotation.

This other gig however, all I did was change the title to: “Bulk convert millions of your xml,csv,xls, json and pdf files” then suddenly denied/removed due to general TOS violation. No other reason than that.

Something must have triggered the system. Any symbols in a title can sometimes cause an error, so it might have been all the commas. Maybe it was the word ‘millions’. Fiverr doesn’t permit fake engagement gigs, so if it was auto-flagged…

Thanks for that insight. I had no idea. The thing is, my gig title is not making any unfound claims, I have worked with more than one customer on Fiverr were the project required conversion of over 1,000,000 files.

The previous title also contained the word “millions”, although it read like this:

“Bulk convert up to millions of your xml, csv, xls, json and pdf files”

You might also be correct about all the commas, while I just wrote out the gig title here in this reply I realized I probably didn’t need the commas.

Hi,

I made a small edit to one of my gigs - changed some tags and optimized the gig title. As soon as I saved the Gig was automatically denied due to “Requires Modification - General TOS Violation”. I read through all the TOS and cannot see where I have made any violations. I have sent a ticket to support and awaiting their response.

Anyone had this happen to them before? did you get a positive outcome?

I read through all the TOS

Including the Community Standards, Payment Terms, and Privacy Policy pages? Those count as part of the main ToS too, and do include more limitations and information.

I read through all the TOS

Including the Community Standards, Payment Terms, and Privacy Policy pages? Those count as part of the main ToS too, and do include more limitations and information.

I have read all of this and cannot determine where I might have violated one of the rules and have even made a point to stick by the rules. I have always denied any attempts to communicate outside of fiverr, despite multiple approaches. Just at a complete loss. It looks it was some kind of automated thing, so it must be a keyword or something it didn’t like, because the Gig was “Denied” the instant I clicked “Save” after editing it.

I have read all of this and cannot determine where I might have violated one of the rules and have even made a point to stick by the rules. I have always denied any attempts to communicate outside of fiverr, despite multiple approaches. Just at a complete loss. It looks it was some kind of automated thing, so it must be a keyword or something it didn’t like, because the Gig was “Denied” the instant I clicked “Save” after editing it.

I never said you did break the ToS, just that the auto-system might have thought you did. At this point you’ll just have to wait for the reply from CS.

I have read all of this

You just said:

Thanks for that insight. I had no idea.

These statements cannot both be true.

I never said you did break the ToS, just that the auto-system might have thought you did. At this point you’ll just have to wait for the reply from CS.

I have read all of this

You just said:

Thanks for that insight. I had no idea.

These statements cannot both be true.

Absolutely, I never took at it as you saying I broke the TOS. My reply was just in general that if the system did think I broke the TOS I can’t imagine any reason why that’s all.

My statements are both true.

I read the TOS and understood that making false claims on a gig violates the TOS; however, I had no idea specifically that the keyword “Millions” might trigger a fake engagement gig or that having too many commas might cause an issue. So it is both true that I read the TOS and that I had no idea that using the keyword “millions” may trigger a TOS violation.

Thank you for the clarification. That is indeed a misunderstanding.

So as to also be clear, both the commas and the word are pure guesses on my part, and it is entirely possible that it’s something else entirely different that might have caused the trigger. Those two just seemed like possible culprits.

I also face same problem…

This is absolutely terrible. I supposedly violated the terms because I used a third party for my gig? This is totally absolutely 100% false.

My gig is based around a customer giving me a file in one format (Excel file for example), I then convert that excel file to another format like XML. I then deliver the converted file to the customer. There is no third party involved, I develop my own code to do the conversion using PowerShell which is my area of expertise, I even offer the code I developed for each gig as an extra.

Customer service just said to create a new gig to replace it. Which is absolute rubbish, how do I know they just won’t decide to do the same thing again whenever they feel like it?

Terrible way to treat people.

This is absolutely terrible. I supposedly violated the terms because I used a third party for my gig? This is totally absolutely 100% false.

My gig is based around a customer giving me a file in one format (Excel file for example), I then convert that excel file to another format like XML. I then deliver the converted file to the customer. There is no third party involved, I develop my own code to do the conversion using PowerShell which is my area of expertise, I even offer the code I developed for each gig as an extra.

Customer service just said to create a new gig to replace it. Which is absolute rubbish, how do I know they just won’t decide to do the same thing again whenever they feel like it?

Terrible way to treat people.

Well, Just created a new gig to replace the old one and it is immediately denied and I get this message:

Hi bitwiseauto,

Your account was flagged for offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace.

Fiverr allows sellers to create Gigs and offer professional services. However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform. Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!

The Fiverr team

There has to be an issue with the gig approval system. My new gig was simply convert files from one format to another, there are hundreds of other gigs doing the same. So I will potentially get my account suspended for following the rules? I did absolutely nothing wrong other than create a file conversion gig. Do better Fiverr, this is very disappointing.

• 11 months later...

I actually put my 1st gig yesterday with photo enhancing and my post was active. Later I wanted to slightly improve the enhancement of a single sample image that was already uploaded. Then I made the changes and replaced the sample photo with the improved one. (Same image with improvements). Then the gig was Denied saying it was flagged by the Fiverr team that I'm using some other person's work, or using a stock photo.

I was really disappointed to see that after doing all the hard work.

Archived