Waiting Time for Gigs

eliiclaire

Hello,
I was just curious, how long did it take for you to get your first gig? Also, is there anyone who has been able to be successful without a degree/high work experience? I just would like to check to see what I should do (just be patient, improve my gigs, or look for a better-fitting job).
Thank you!

The first question: Search results for 'how long did it take for you to get your first gig' - Fiverr Community Forum

The second one is interesting, though. I don’t qualify, but Fiverr is open to almost everyone, 13 years old and up. I wouldn’t say a lot show up, but there have been a few who I know are doing okay.

It’s not so much education, as mindset and willingness to learn and work hard.

The first question: Search results for 'how long did it take for you to get your first gig' - Fiverr Community Forum

The second one is interesting, though. I don’t qualify, but Fiverr is open to almost everyone, 13 years old and up. I wouldn’t say a lot show up, but there have been a few who I know are doing okay.

It’s not so much education, as mindset and willingness to learn and work hard.

Thank you; this is helpful!

I didn’t get my first Fiverr job until over a year after I joined.

By that time I used it as a Buyer for a couple of products I created.

I also managed to cultivate a fairly good freelance business out of my home where Fiverr work is just sort of an add-on to what I do.

I also haven’t been very aggressive about hunting for work here.

I have some regular Fiverr clients and pick up the odd new one.

Your essay gig, just to warn you, be very careful. Fiverr does NOT permit academic work, and sometimes the system flags gigs that might be okay, but are poorly worded or unclear. If you’re unsure, ask Customer Support.

Unethical Services
Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

Your essay gig, just to warn you, be very careful. Fiverr does NOT permit academic work, and sometimes the system flags gigs that might be okay, but are poorly worded or unclear. If you’re unsure, ask Customer Support.

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

Thank you; I will be sure to word my gig more clearly!

Archived