Toxic Buyer (Ilegal activities?)

andiecom

His gig title says this gig is “high converting” which you can’t promise as that depends on what is being sold and to whom. It’s false advertising.

In any case, promises like “high converting” attract scammers and deflect legitimate buyers because they know that is not a promise someone can make. It’s conditional upon factors.

Mrs, High Converting Theme* all the themes i use have a proven high converting ratio, even the theme providers say it. Obviously you won’t get a sale if marketing and website isn’t good but for a good store the theme is high converting, i don’t know what you are saying about false advertising.

In fact now that I thought about it this isn’t even a scammer. It’s just a young lad making the wrong decisions who has developed a harmful personality and doesn’t care making such things.

I even have a picture of his ID with some details blurred. Also his phone number, which scammer would do that?

I appreciate your messages and your such intensive interest but I really don’t like the way you set them up, accusing me of false advertising, sarcasm, saying i can’t locate a scammer… etc… i know you will keep replying saying how wrong am I but please, don’t

First of all, welcome to Fiverr… where you will meet all types of people, both toxic buyers, and sellers.

Secondly, you don’t need to reply to every text the buyer sends you (but must reply quickly to the initial first text). You can set your status to “away”… and reply to him once a day. Nevertheless, every hour update is too much.

As for the illegal intent, you’re not responsible for the crime he committed or commits. If you knowingly accepted the gig… it’s on you.

I chat with many friendly people, some scammers (and reported on them), and be open to rejecting some cases for your mental health.

Vent all you want… this forum is for that and like I said… you will meet all types of people. If you choose to continue freelancing, be prepared for that.

Hello, I will tell you my experience with my first buyer.

This buyer is 18 years old from Morocco, he lives in france, he has been pressing the seller the entire day, I submitted the logo, I asked if logo was completed and he said yes however when i click delivered he would ask for revisions.

Then I also designed the entire store with a premium theme worth 200$, I configured shipping, i created a video, I searched for the product, store name, shopify creation and Configuration and the buyer wanted me to transfer the store to him, since he is my first buyer i accepted.

After that he blackmailed me saying he would dispute both orders if i didnt get him the payments correctly, which i did set them up for him but Shopify is revising as usual, after revision he was still pressuring me to get credit card payments fast so i created a stripe account and verified it for him.

He said once i did this he would accept both orders, well once i sent him the stripe account, talked to shopify support so they verified shopify payments faster and transferred the store he told me to cancel the order.

After a whole day of my work, responding every hour to his messages, pressuring all the time, blackmailing etc… he just says i didnt deliver.

There is proof of everything in the chat, i have proof of site transfer, design, logo, videos, stripe account, everything.

I recommend you investigate this buyer, he can affect the mental health of another new seller and affect the entire rating, i was lucky im used to it but watch out.

Also the job he needed looked a bit ilegal.

After submitting the dispute this kid started sending me messages, comments like “you are a bad person”, apparently he didnt need the dropshipping store, all he needed was shopify to accept his payment, which means he knew from the beginning he would dispute my order or i would end up cancelling, so i did all the work for nothing.

Now you are probably wondering why i think its ilgeal what he wants to do, he lives in france. He can use stripe without being a business, he can collect payments without any problem, he can also use shopify payments, the real thing is that once payments start coming in they ask for more details, and since he is laundering money he cant add any info.

Im preatty mad about the result of my first buyer, I hope if one day i get another order it isnt like this.

You’ve had some great replies already. I just want to add that regardless of whether it’s your first or one hundredth buyer on Fiverr, you must stand your ground and stand up to bullies the first moment they show signs of being abusive or requesting free work.

The actions you’ve described are those of an abusive buyer.

I recommend you investigate this buyer, he can affect the mental health of another new seller and affect the entire rating, i was lucky im used to it but watch out.

I might have missed it, but I didn’t see anyone else pickup on the above point. This is a community forum. We are all either buyers or sellers. We can’t investigate anything. We’re just here to hopefully offer advice and support.

Hello, I will tell you my experience with my first buyer.

This buyer is 18 years old from Morocco, he lives in france, he has been pressing the seller the entire day, I submitted the logo, I asked if logo was completed and he said yes however when i click delivered he would ask for revisions.

Then I also designed the entire store with a premium theme worth 200$, I configured shipping, i created a video, I searched for the product, store name, shopify creation and Configuration and the buyer wanted me to transfer the store to him, since he is my first buyer i accepted.

After that he blackmailed me saying he would dispute both orders if i didnt get him the payments correctly, which i did set them up for him but Shopify is revising as usual, after revision he was still pressuring me to get credit card payments fast so i created a stripe account and verified it for him.

He said once i did this he would accept both orders, well once i sent him the stripe account, talked to shopify support so they verified shopify payments faster and transferred the store he told me to cancel the order.

After a whole day of my work, responding every hour to his messages, pressuring all the time, blackmailing etc… he just says i didnt deliver.

There is proof of everything in the chat, i have proof of site transfer, design, logo, videos, stripe account, everything.

Also the job he needed looked a bit ilegal.

After submitting the dispute this kid started sending me messages, comments like “you are a bad person”, apparently he didnt need the dropshipping store, all he needed was shopify to accept his payment, which means he knew from the beginning he would dispute my order or i would end up cancelling, so i did all the work for nothing.

Now you are probably wondering why i think its ilgeal what he wants to do, he lives in france. He can use stripe without being a business, he can collect payments without any problem, he can also use shopify payments, the real thing is that once payments start coming in they ask for more details, and since he is laundering money he cant add any info.

Im preatty mad about the result of my first buyer, I hope if one day i get another order it isnt like this.

Humanissocial brought it up early in the thread.

humanissocial

7h

I recommend you investigate this buyer,

We’re just buyers and sellers and can’t help you. The forum isn’t customer service.

Mrs, High Converting Theme* all the themes i use have a proven high converting ratio, even the theme providers say it. Obviously you won’t get a sale if marketing and website isn’t good but for a good store the theme is high converting, i don’t know what you are saying about false advertising.

In fact now that I thought about it this isn’t even a scammer. It’s just a young lad making the wrong decisions who has developed a harmful personality and doesn’t care making such things.

I even have a picture of his ID with some details blurred. Also his phone number, which scammer would do that?

I appreciate your messages and your such intensive interest but I really don’t like the way you set them up, accusing me of false advertising, sarcasm, saying i can’t locate a scammer… etc… i know you will keep replying saying how wrong am I but please, don’t

Mrs, High Converting Theme* all the themes i use have a proven high converting ratio,

You didn’t say that the theme was high converting. You said your work was.

If I use a product for my business a manufacturer touts as the est in its class, does that mean I can extrapolate that to tell people my work is the best in its class?

No.

You committed deception and no biased statement from the company changes that.

In any case making claims like this does attract sketchy people.

Archived