Buyer validates the work, order delivered, but then asks for revision because he has not yet received feedback from his client

mavicmikept

Hello everyone!

I am at fiverr since March/April 2020, with more than 40 happy orders with 5* ranking 🙂

But at the moment I am uncomfortable with this situation.

I made a logo and template animation for Adobe Premiere so that the client could customize the colors. I sent a preview of the assets, so that the client could approve and validate: Everything was Ok! And I delivered the order.
The next day, he said everything was ok, but asked for revision, because his client needed to give feedback on the videos that were already approved by Buyer.

I delivered everything on time, but because of the revision and not knowing what to do, it’s been 5 days after the deadline.

What should I do in this situation?
Yesterday I asked for news, but he said he still didn’t have any feedback from his client … and the order is still pending and ‘late’.

Thanks 🙂

The good news is the order won’t count against your on-time delivery since you made the initial delivery before the due date. The revision process can take forever without hurting your ratings.

The bad news, you can’t make the client accept the delivery if they are requesting a revision, even if they haven’t provided instructions for your revision.

I would give the buyer a week to submit his revision instructions and then reach out again to see if he’s gotten approval or feedback for your logo design.

Hello ducktheunicorn,

Thank you very much for your comment. I was afraid that the order could be auto canceled because it did not deliver a new revision. In this case, it has a disadvantage: If it were just the video, it would have a watermark until the buyer accept… but I also sent the assets (Premire motion template files) … And that way, he can keep them: P

I really do think Fiverr should make it mandatory for resellers to declare that they are not the end client. The few truly bad experiences I have had on Fiverr are all to do with resellers. If they were identifiable as such, I would refuse to work with them.

As @ducktheunicorn has said, although the order might show as late, it will not be recorded against you. So long as the original delivery was made on time.

Guest humanissocial

I really do think Fiverr should make it mandatory for resellers to declare that they are not the end client. The few truly bad experiences I have had on Fiverr are all to do with resellers. If they were identifiable as such, I would refuse to work with them.

As @ducktheunicorn has said, although the order might show as late, it will not be recorded against you. So long as the original delivery was made on time.

I really do think Fiverr should make it mandatory for resellers to declare that they are not the end client

I agree! To vet this I’ve set my form questions in a way to ascertain what their purpose is for the gig and I investigate the relationship to the work before I start it.

It works pretty well. I can tell if it’s a staff member of a company or what.

Also, I’ve created my gigs in a way and made myself credible in a way that no reseller would be able to convince buyers that they did the work.

Also, I don’t mind working on projects with group buyer accounts as long as the person accepting the gig and running the account will autonomously be deciding to.accept the gig and not have to get approval before accepting.

I actually ask if they are the one who accepts the work and I find that works pretty well. Professionals appreciate that I need to cover myself and know their process.

All sellers should know the project management workflows they are working with before they start working.

I really do think Fiverr should make it mandatory for resellers to declare that they are not the end client

I agree! To vet this I’ve set my form questions in a way to ascertain what their purpose is for the gig and I investigate the relationship to the work before I start it.

It works pretty well. I can tell if it’s a staff member of a company or what.

Also, I’ve created my gigs in a way and made myself credible in a way that no reseller would be able to convince buyers that they did the work.

Also, I don’t mind working on projects with group buyer accounts as long as the person accepting the gig and running the account will autonomously be deciding to.accept the gig and not have to get approval before accepting.

I actually ask if they are the one who accepts the work and I find that works pretty well. Professionals appreciate that I need to cover myself and know their process.

All sellers should know the project management workflows they are working with before they start working.

How will Fiverr react if you make it clear that the person who hired you is your client and not their (to you) “second-hand” client? As in you work for the person you were hired by, signed a contract with, not some person with whom you have no relationship.

I know when I sold cars, if a legal adult signed a contract then their parent could not come and lean on us to change it for whatever reason. We were even legally obliged to be rather “speak to the hand” with he pushy parent.

So I wonder if a customer is allowed to use some third party, not part of the contract, to make changes to the contract/work?

🙂

Guest humanissocial

How will Fiverr react if you make it clear that the person who hired you is your client and not their (to you) “second-hand” client? As in you work for the person you were hired by, signed a contract with, not some person with whom you have no relationship.

I know when I sold cars, if a legal adult signed a contract then their parent could not come and lean on us to change it for whatever reason. We were even legally obliged to be rather “speak to the hand” with he pushy parent.

So I wonder if a customer is allowed to use some third party, not part of the contract, to make changes to the contract/work?

🙂

How will Fiverr react if you make it clear that the person who hired you is your client and not their (to you) “second-hand” client?

Great question. I don’t ask anything confidential or write that people are required to be a certain person for me.

I just ask questions that the person wouldn’t be able to answer unless they had autonomy in the decisionmaking and what their expectations are for workflow and that’s how I tell.

Also, I’ve created my gigs I a way that it wouldn’t be profitable or effective for someone to purchase them for resale.

How will Fiverr react if you make it clear that the person who hired you is your client and not their (to you) “second-hand” client?

Great question. I don’t ask anything confidential or write that people are required to be a certain person for me.

I just ask questions that the person wouldn’t be able to answer unless they had autonomy in the decisionmaking and what their expectations are for workflow and that’s how I tell.

Also, I’ve created my gigs I a way that it wouldn’t be profitable or effective for someone to purchase them for resale.

Everything is a matter of getting the right contacts! What somebody buys for $100, somebody else will buy for $1000, no matter what it is.

Guest humanissocial

Everything is a matter of getting the right contacts! What somebody buys for $100, somebody else will buy for $1000, no matter what it is.

What somebody buys for $100, somebody else will buy for $1000, no matter what it is.

Absolutely anyone can mark up anything. But the sellers here who would want to do that don’t have the skills to make sales marking up my prices for what I do here and no one who buys from Fiverr would want to pay a markup of my prices.

Also the sellers who would try to resell my work wouldn’t convince people that they wrote it. My writing would be distinctly different from theirs.

What somebody buys for $100, somebody else will buy for $1000, no matter what it is.

Absolutely anyone can mark up anything. But the sellers here who would want to do that don’t have the skills to make sales marking up my prices for what I do here and no one who buys from Fiverr would want to pay a markup of my prices.

Also the sellers who would try to resell my work wouldn’t convince people that they wrote it. My writing would be distinctly different from theirs.

Ah, of course - I was talking about re-sellers in general, not inside Fiverr. As an example, I work with video and nobody selling video on Fiverr would hire me (since I’m in the top end of pricing in the platform). However, I get clients that sell video outside, and they come to Fiverr to outsource.

Hello everyone!
Thank you for your opinions.

I’ve done a lot of work for people who are responsible for marketing companies, or who have an agency with several clients and who ask for specific animation jobs (here on Fiverr).

In this case, I even thought he was one of the partners, because everything was well organized and he knew what he wanted, but that he had to approve with the other partners.
The biggest problem is the time that passed after the deadline, but luckily I know that I will not be harmed at least 🙂

But I agree with you: there should be some kind of contract if the work is a direct client or for third parties.
Let’s see what happens.

Archived