Buyer giving wrong requirements

agemwriter

My buyer gave me a wrong link as reference which I used to write an article. Now he says that the information is incorrect and that I must rewrite the while thing or he will cancel it. What do I do? He refuses to release payment and keeps trying to cancel order

UPDATE: FIVERR CS SIDED WITH THE BUYER AND THE JOB WAS CANCELED. I AM DOWNCAST AND WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT IT BUT I HAVE LITTLE HOPE

If this was clearly his fault, as in he sent something that seemed reasonable and you completed the work, you are under no obligation to have to do the work again for free.

Make sure you have Delivered using the proper process and that your article matches the first brief. Offer to do the re-work for a fee.

Find the matching part of the TOS and quote it to him so he know it is not you being difficult but you following the rules (greater than both of you). If he then makes threats (as I expect he will), pass it straight to CS.

And wait…

🙂

Guest humanissocial

I have done all these. Thank you so much for your reply. He is asking me to change 3k words. I even offered 2k for free despite being in the right but he is insistent. I have reported. thank you

When you charge low you attract jerks like this and deflect reputable people.

If this was clearly his fault, as in he sent something that seemed reasonable and you completed the work, you are under no obligation to have to do the work again for free.

Make sure you have Delivered using the proper process and that your article matches the first brief. Offer to do the re-work for a fee.

Find the matching part of the TOS and quote it to him so he know it is not you being difficult but you following the rules (greater than both of you). If he then makes threats (as I expect he will), pass it straight to CS.

And wait…

🙂

sadly this was not the case. I want to believe the client lied about what happened but i am upset that they didn’t check through the messages. Thank you

sadly this was not the case. I want to believe the client lied about what happened but i am upset that they didn’t check through the messages. Thank you

Then all you can do is learn whatever the lesson is.

Is it at all possible that you didn’t provide the right info in what you wrote? I know that I have been given technical things that would require a degree in chemistry and expected to write on it as if I were skilled. I try to decline this sort of stuff as it is a sign of extreme unprofessionalism when a chemist asks a musician to write about chemistry in their name.

🙂

It’s best you ask for a compensation if the order is cancelled now. Ask the support clearly why did they cancel the order although you delivered what was asked by the buyer. Buyer clearly tried to commit a fraud and was asking for another article in the same amount.

Ask the support not to include this cancelled order in your last 60 days stats as it was clearly buyer’s fault and ask them for compensation. They usually compensate. I’ve got compensation twice.

🙂

Archived