Offline period as a seller, what to do?

jorgesepulvedaa

Hi folks! I’m an active seller and I’ll be going for a trip for a couple of weeks; I’ll be completely offline, without internet connection. What would be the best thing to do? pause all gigs? Is there any way to set up an automatic response for messages? I notice a button in my profile that reads: ‘out of office’ what happens if I activate that? any way for my gigs not to sink during this period?

I would appreciate any help 🙂

Hello Jorge 🙂

This is Muhammad Nagah - a fellow freelance Arabic translator on Fiverr since 2013. During this period, I had to go on and off vacation mode for over 12 times for my medical exams.

This is what you should do:
(1) Turn your “out of office” mode on, and set it to be 4 weeks. If you plan to go back in just 2 weeks, you can turn the vacation mode off once you are back without the need to wait for additional 2 weeks. The reason I recommend 4 weeks instead of only 2 weeks is for emergencies (for example, you decide to extend your vacation).

(2) Make sure you go “out of office” at least 5 days before the start of your vacation, and also to deliver all your active orders at least 5 days before the start date as well. This is to ensure you will be there to respond to your buyer’s revisions, if any.

The “out of office” mode will take your gigs off the search results. New buyers won’t be able to send you messages, and old buyers won’t be able to place orders. Everything will return back to normal once you are back from your vacation.

I hope this was helpful 🙂

Hello Jorge 🙂

This is Muhammad Nagah - a fellow freelance Arabic translator on Fiverr since 2013. During this period, I had to go on and off vacation mode for over 12 times for my medical exams.

This is what you should do:

(1) Turn your “out of office” mode on, and set it to be 4 weeks. If you plan to go back in just 2 weeks, you can turn the vacation mode off once you are back without the need to wait for additional 2 weeks. The reason I recommend 4 weeks instead of only 2 weeks is for emergencies (for example, you decide to extend your vacation).

(2) Make sure you go “out of office” at least 5 days before the start of your vacation, and also to deliver all your active orders at least 5 days before the start date as well. This is to ensure you will be there to respond to your buyer’s revisions, if any.

The “out of office” mode will take your gigs off the search results. New buyers won’t be able to send you messages, and old buyers won’t be able to place orders. Everything will return back to normal once you are back from your vacation.

I hope this was helpful 🙂

Thanks Muhammad! that’s very helpful 🙂 What was your experience coming back from your vacations? did your gigs kept their positioning or did they dropped down the list a little (or a lot?)

Thanks again for all the replies

Hi folks! I’m an active seller and I’ll be going for a trip for a couple of weeks; I’ll be completely offline, without internet connection. What would be the best thing to do? pause all gigs? Is there any way to set up an automatic response for messages? I notice a button in my profile that reads: ‘out of office’ what happens if I activate that? any way for my gigs not to sink during this period?

I would appreciate any help 🙂

I notice a button in my profile that reads: ‘out of office’ what happens if I activate that?

It is explained here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010788118-Activating-Out-of-Office-Mode

Thanks Muhammad! that’s very helpful 🙂 What was your experience coming back from your vacations? did your gigs kept their positioning or did they dropped down the list a little (or a lot?)

Thanks again for all the replies

You are most welcome 🙂

Until 2019, your gig ranking would be lowered after 3 weeks of being on a vacation. However, in 2020, my gig kept a very good positioning even after 3 months of going on a vacation, and I remember receiving a couple of orders on my first day back.

You are most welcome 🙂

Until 2019, your gig ranking would be lowered after 3 weeks of being on a vacation. However, in 2020, my gig kept a very good positioning even after 3 months of going on a vacation, and I remember receiving a couple of orders on my first day back.

That’s good to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience

Archived