Point of rating buyers?

geekinthegarden

I’ve recently had my first experience with a buyer that was negative enough to prompt a negative review. But I’m not sure of what the point is? For the first time I tried to look at a buyer profile and I see that nothing shows up but their username and map. Is there a point to negative reviews?

To be honest if the review is not going to be helpful to other sellers I’d just as soon not rate the buyer at all but I just see the 2 purchases/review prompts sitting in my to-do que. Any way to get rid of them?

Thanks!

I’m also wondering what’s the purpose of rating a buyer. Last I checked a seller’s thumb’s up or down doesn’t even show up next to the feedback.

Would be great though if it did, and if a buyer got more negative feedbacks than positives, then the system should block them from making further purchases, or at least allow a seller to choose to not accept orders from buyers with lots of negative reviews.

Would save a lot of time and trouble!

It would be great if you could go to a buyer’s page and see their interactions with other seller! Unfortunately, no way to do that, yet. Maybe soon? I think the main purpose is to give yourself an avenue to explain yourself if a buyer leaves a bad review (especially an unjust one), but you’re right, it doesn’t do a whole lot for other sellers.

There is a way to get rid of them; in your “To Do” list, at the top right hand corner, just above your topmost green “Deliver Now” button, there is a little drop-down menu marked by a little cog. When you click on it, you can tell it to hide your rate buyer tasks.

Archived