Fiverr customer service: a shame

developance

Hello,

I am writing this article to expose Fiverr’s customer service behavior, and the total disrespect Fiverr has for its sellers.

We are an agency, and we have been working on Fiverr for several months, like all sellers, we sell a service. Our specialty is website creation.

To give you the background, someone contacted us on September 3 to develop their new website. We spoke at length with him, defined these needs, and collected all the information we needed to start the creation (texts, photos), this person also chose the theme they wanted us to use and the colors.

However, after 12 days of work, this person informs us that the site does not match them, and that we are scammers.

We suggest she completely modify her site, and to stay in a pleasant working atmosphere, she selects a paid theme, which we buy by asking us to create her site with this theme.

We develop the site in a few hours, and again this person injures us as a thief, a liar and threatens to cancel the order.

What I want to denounce is that by having responded to all of the customer’s requests and expectations twice, to all of our obligations written in our offer and our messages proposing to the customer to create a new site, to modify his site for free or as soon as possible, this customer by sending ONLY ONE MAIL to support cancels the order and leaves us an invoice of $350 that we paid to purchase the themes, images, videos of his site etc. …

It is A SHAME that Fiverr does not give sellers the opportunity to defend themselves! And that having responded to all requests and our obligations, the order is canceled!

I hope that one day this company will finally take into account these sellers paying more than $ 15,000 per year in commission on their site.

Hello,

What coincidence. Practically the same thing just happenned to me. I even created thread about the same topic some minutes before you.

I got a buyer that after I delivered, he rushed to cancel the order. And customer support favored him. So he got away with my work without paying.

I wondered where the seller protection is. These people will continue doing it.

I’m sorry for what happened to you. I completely understand you. Sellers invest time and even money, and after delivery, some buyers just want to cancel.

I mean this platform needs to show some support to the sellers. As a regular seller, Im always opened to work on any disagreement with any buyer to deliver the best quality of work. But when some buyer rushes to cancel an order without even using the revision option, they are just trying to scam sellers.

We need protection!!!

Unfortunately, I wish it was a coincidence, but this kind of event happens every day!

We don’t even have the chance to defend ourselves against dishonest buyers! I had the case a few months ago of a buyer who accepted the order, gave a review and 5 stars, and 2 months later contacted Fiverr support to cancel when I had already received the money!

He canceled the order and took the money back, but I still have that person’s comment and 5 stars on my profile! It’s ridiculous !

It isn’t clear from your posts whether you opened a support ticket to try and clear things up. If the customer did a charge back with PayPal or her (his) credit card company, or even with support directly (telling a story from their POV), you’ll have to inform support of the fraudulent charge back and prove that you delivered according to specs.

You can find several posts by sellers on the forum who got refunded by Fiverr.

One thing you could try is to use milestones with offers where it’s a more expensive purchase. That could reduce the chance of losing a lot of money/work done. Maybe show the work in progress to the buyer (as an attachment post with watermark if necessary) sooner than 12 days (eg. within a couple of days) to see what they say. If they start calling you scammers you could cancel the order and maybe block them. Maybe someone who starts calling you that would be much less likely to make the full payment after all the work is done and is probably not a good buyer to work with.

Miiila is right. If you delivered what was purchased and the order was cancelled without your permission, Fiverr should compensate you for your work. I don’t recall people mentioning getting the full price compensated, though. But even half is better than nothing.

And you should also keep an eye on if the buyer will use the work you provided despite not paying for it if possible, as they do not have a permission to use your work, which should be illegal in most countries.

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. We all go through similar situations in the web design industry. If the customer support can’t help you, at least there are a few methods you can follow to prevent future incidents to happen.

Maybe hiring a UI designer in your agency who is capable of designing interactive mockups before the development stage will save you & the client a lot of confusion. At least, before you get into the development hassle, you will have a fair understanding whether your client like or dislike what is about to be built. Thus, if they change their mind after the development part, that would raise a lot of questions and you will have a fair proof to present & hopefully get a compensation to what they have caused from time & money loss.

That’s just how I go to prevent scammers from ripping me off after they have the website all set up. Good luck!

What is shameful is that sellers pay 20% commission on each transaction, which should also serve to protect them in the event of a dispute.

But Fiverr doesn’t even bother to contact them in the event of a cancellation, a dispute.

For the milesstone system, the customer can also cancel the entire order, even if he has validated the first steps, this system does not protect us in any way.

What is shameful is that sellers pay 20% commission on each transaction, which should also serve to protect them in the event of a dispute.

But Fiverr doesn’t even bother to contact them in the event of a cancellation, a dispute.

For the milesstone system, the customer can also cancel the entire order, even if he has validated the first steps, this system does not protect us in any way.

Why when buyers disrespect us are they not condemned?

But we sellers with every wrong word, are we ??

You are a scam, you send me shit and you force me to buy

The buyer message …

If I had told this to a buyer, I would have received a warning

But we sellers with every wrong word, are we ??

You are a scam, you send me shit and you force me to buy

The buyer message …

If I had told this to a buyer, I would have received a warning

You’re 100% right because we as sellers don’t have protection but buyers do.

They insult us and use slurs. You report them and nothing happens. Not even a warning.

A buyer contacted me some months ago for a web page design project. We discussed the project, he told me what he wanted, and we agreed on the package. So I detailed the requirements such as getting a hosting, domain and so on, and then, when he get them, proceed to order.

And the following day when he contacted me again, he asked me to show him what I have done. And I told him nothing because he needs to order first. He said that he didn’t have to do it because he already got the hosting and domain and other requirements. He had done his part so he was expecting that I should have done something regarding the project. I told him that I cannot start working on any project before he or anyone orders first.

And after that, he went nuts. He called me scammer, said bad words, descriminated me, and then blocked me. All that was in that chat for fiverr to check it out. I used the report button and also submitted a support ticket regarding this buyer bahaviour. And I didn’t receive any replies. And worst of all, the buyer account is still active in the platform.

Thanks God he didn’t order.

That’s why said you’re totally right. Sellers have not protection!!

Archived