Another Order without prior discussion. Another Looming cancellation

aliayyaz

Hi,
My level got demoted because of a cancellation last month. (long story short, the guy placed the order without prior discussion, for a service I don’t provide, neither was it listed in my gigs anywhere. )

Since then I’ve completed 3 orders. Now someone placed an order for 3D Modelling work, on my Content Writing Gig. No details were ever discussed. There were no prior messages at all. The cost is an embarrassing $25, time given was 2 days. I told the guy I cannot do it as the gig is for Writing, and the work is for 3D Modeling, and there was no prior discussion about requirements, cost and timeline, however it was already too late.

I then decided to check out what kind of work he wants to see if i can avoid a cancellation somehow. He wanted me to modify some 3D Models (about 15-20 Trees are to be broken down into trunks, branches, leaves etc). I spent some time going through the files and stuff. I told him the work isn’t possible given that he does not have source files. He had the Audacity to say: If you can’t edit the files due to lack of skill, sure, go ahead and create them on your own.

That can tell you a lot about the buyer’s nature and what he is trying to do.

Now I am stuck. My experience in such issues with fiverr support has always been bad. If I ask them to cancel, they will. But they won’t do anything about my profile stats. Can anyone please tell me how I can get this project cancelled without it ruining my Order completion rate?

This is really frustrating and causes a lot of mental stress. Last month my Level got demoted due to no fault of my own… and now another cancellation is looming due to no fault of my own.

Please advise.

Hi,

My level got demoted because of a cancellation last month. (long story short, the guy placed the order without prior discussion, for a service I don’t provide, neither was it listed in my gigs anywhere. )

Since then I’ve completed 3 orders. Now someone placed an order for 3D Modelling work, on my Content Writing Gig. No details were ever discussed. There were no prior messages at all. The cost is an embarrassing $25, time given was 2 days. I told the guy I cannot do it as the gig is for Writing, and the work is for 3D Modeling, and there was no prior discussion about requirements, cost and timeline, however it was already too late.

I then decided to check out what kind of work he wants to see if i can avoid a cancellation somehow. He wanted me to modify some 3D Models (about 15-20 Trees are to be broken down into trunks, branches, leaves etc). I spent some time going through the files and stuff. I told him the work isn’t possible given that he does not have source files. He had the Audacity to say: If you can’t edit the files due to lack of skill, sure, go ahead and create them on your own.

That can tell you a lot about the buyer’s nature and what he is trying to do.

Now I am stuck. My experience in such issues with fiverr support has always been bad. If I ask them to cancel, they will. But they won’t do anything about my profile stats. Can anyone please tell me how I can get this project cancelled without it ruining my Order completion rate?

This is really frustrating and causes a lot of mental stress. Last month my Level got demoted due to no fault of my own… and now another cancellation is looming due to no fault of my own.

Please advise.

I contact CS by going to the “Help and Support” link that is under the drop-down menu under your profile picture. Go to the bottom of that page and select Submit a Request Then, finally you are at a place where you can send them a message.

Whenever I have gone directly to CS like this and explained my side of the cancellation they have canceled the order and it has not affected my stats, even though they say it may.

Once I agreed to the cancellation and contacted CS afterward and asked them to correct my completion rate. Again they said they could not do that, but when I looked it was corrected.

It is worth trying to contact CS about your issue. All they can do is say, “no,” and you will not be any worse off.

My level got demoted because of a cancelation last month.

Maybe they would even restore your level. :thinking: and come back and let us know what happened.

I contact CS by going to the “Help and Support” link that is under the drop-down menu under your profile picture. Go to the bottom of that page and select Submit a Request Then, finally you are at a place where you can send them a message.

Whenever I have gone directly to CS like this and explained my side of the cancellation they have canceled the order and it has not affected my stats, even though they say it may.

Once I agreed to the cancellation and contacted CS afterward and asked them to correct my completion rate. Again they said they could not do that, but when I looked it was corrected.

It is worth trying to contact CS about your issue. All they can do is say, “no,” and you will not be any worse off.

My level got demoted because of a cancelation last month.

Maybe they would even restore your level. :thinking: and come back and let us know what happened.

thanks for the reply. Ok I will try that.

for the last cancellation as well I did contact them but to no avail. Ive sent support a message again. Waiting for reply

Archived