A Fiverr Fairy Tale

nickih

As much as sellers complain (and rightfully so) about some of the crazy antics and frustrating experiences we have with buyers, something happened to me today that was the complete opposite of all those frustrating encounters. I mean I was literally breathless with shock.

A buyer purchased my gig without reading my gig description (big surprise). He wanted me to write an article about a specific topic. However, it’s clearly stated in my gig description that I don’t offer writing services. I informed him of this and requested that he upload a file to be edited and proofread if he had work that fit the parameters of my services. I fully expected to receive a message asking to cancel the order, which would increase my cancellation number and waste my time. That’s what always happens!

Instead, I received this: “Okay, my mistake. I want someone to write a article. If you don’t do that, take the $5 and buy a coffee or something. I should have been reading your gig description. Cheers!” Woah! What just happened?

I even felt nervous completing the order, thinking that surely this will backfire somehow and I’ll regret it. But the guy even left me a positive thumbs up! I do my fair share of venting and complaining about many aspects of Fiverr, but this was such a nice reminder that there are tons of awesome and nice people to come in contact with on here and that the trouble-makers are definitely the minority. 🙂

Yes Dream buyers do exist. 2 days ago a buyer order my gig for $5 and then give me a coffee tip of $45 saying that “your work is deserved more than this amount, enjoy some appreciation from a satisfied and happy buyer”.

Fiverr is great place 🙂

Archived