Harassed by Buyer and I Want to Share Some Experiences and Alerts as my account is also in danger now

Guest saddam2016

Guest humanissocial

He was also innocent while trying to have 900 dollars work for 5$

You accepted to do the work for $5.

Exactly. He didn’t define the details of the scope and now he is trying to retroactively define them.

While the buyer’s expectations are absurd, his contract doesn’t specify a volume of items. So he can’t retroactively say x volume is too much or too little. It needs to be explicit in the contract.

Charging by sheet or document isn’t proper because a spreadsheet doc can have an infinite number of sheets and lines.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saddam2016

when I worked I realized it is so much work but completed it anyways because I accepted it.

But you never told her that :woman_shrugging: So how’s she supposed to know that you suffered so much?

And I keep saying: miscommunication from your side.

If you will keep finding excuses for your actions then you will never succeed like that in a freelancing world.

We are telling you what you did wrong and what you can improve but you seem to be stuck with your ways (which got you banned) so good luck with that.

By the way: sending an offer and writing in the description “I will do the best job” is totally unprofessional and shows that you know so little about working with clients.

We are telling you what you did wrong and what you can improve but you seem to be stuck with your ways (which got you banned) so good luck with that.

I had orders of more than 400 dollars which I delivered and got excellent ranking. What you are trying to do here is just supporting the opposite side and putting all the blame on my shoulders, instead of giving suggestions to how to improve the system.

Guest humanissocial

That’s why you include the scope of the order (#of rows) in the order. Otherwise you’re giving the buyer a free pass to adjust the scope.

I don understand why you would even do $300 for $5. Any buyer who asks for that is going to try to see of they can exploit you even more. And that’s exactly what happened.

Madam I know I have learned it now. My account will be banned for it now. But I have learned it the hard way.

If you’d learned you wouldn’t have written a vindictive forum post in the forum to try to get back at Fiverr for your mistake.

And don’t call people ma’am. So unprofessional.

Guest saddam2016

Exactly. He didn’t define the details of the scope and now he is trying to retroactively define them.

While the buyer’s expectations are absurd, his contract doesn’t specify a volume of items. So he can’t retroactively say x volume is too much or too little. It needs to be explicit in the contract.

Charging by sheet or document isn’t proper because a spreadsheet doc can have an infinite number of sheets and lines.

that was a live sheet and he should have informed me that he is still updating it. This was so un professional

Guest humanissocial

I had orders of more than 400 dollars which I delivered and got excellent ranking. What you are trying to do here is just supporting the opposite side and putting all the blame on my shoulders, instead of giving suggestions to how to improve the system.

No. Maria is explaining that you can’t retroactively set terms to your contract with your buyer.

That isn’t siding with the buyer. That’s telling you how contracts work. The whole reason you are in this mess is because you didn’t set a proper scope. You should be thanking @mariashtelle1 for showing you where you went wrong. But you didn’t come here to learn. You came here for revenge.

the opposite side and putting all the blame on my shoulders

And do you really believe you did everting absolutely super duper perfect? And there was no better way to handle the situation?

giving suggestions to how to improve the system.

What system do you want to improve?

It was seriously miscommunication problem. Not the system problem and therefore there is nothing to improve in the system in your situation.

It’s really sad that you go through this, and i also faced same problem few months back and there is nothing we can do except milestones…that’s why fiverr introduce milestone payment to avoid scam like this.
be aware next time and happy journey ahead on fiverr.

Guest saddam2016

No. Maria is explaining that you can’t retroactively set terms to your contract with your buyer.

That isn’t siding with the buyer. That’s telling you how contracts work. The whole reason you are in this mess is because you didn’t set a proper scope. You should be thanking @mariashtelle1 for showing you where you went wrong. But you didn’t come here to learn. You came here for revenge.

You should be thanking @mariashtelle1 for showing you where you went wrong. But you didn’t come here to learn. You came here for revenge

How am I going to take a revenge there is nothing in my hands here. I want to inform others so that they should also be careful with such scams. But you guys dont want it then its ok.

Guest humanissocial

It’s really sad that you go through this, and i also faced same problem few months back and there is nothing we can do except milestones…that’s why fiverr introduce milestone payment to avoid scam like this.

No milestone can help a seller if they haven’t set details in their scope and expect the buyer to follow scope the seller never set in the contract.

This isn’t a scam. It’s sneaky but not a scam. They never agreed on scope details. The seller is only setting them after the work is done and mad at the buyer for not following terms they never set in the contract. Not a scam.

Guest humanissocial

You should be thanking @mariashtelle1 for showing you where you went wrong. But you didn’t come here to learn. You came here for revenge

How am I going to take a revenge there is nothing in my hands here. I want to inform others so that they should also be careful with such scams. But you guys dont want it then its ok.

Your thread in the forum is the revenge.

You didn’t write this to learn. You wrote it to try to make Fiverr look bad, hence the rhetoric. Fiverr can’t hold a buyer accountable for something the buyer never even agreed to it. If it isn’t in the contract. It doesn’t exist. Period.

Guest saddam2016

No milestone can help a seller if they haven’t set details in their scope and expect the buyer to follow scope the seller never set in the contract.

This isn’t a scam. It’s sneaky but not a scam. They never agreed on scope details. The seller is only setting them after the work is done and mad at the buyer for not following terms they never set in the contract. Not a scam.

By viewing the spreadsheet link it was clear that its one worksheet there. What milestone should I must have discussed there?

Guest saddam2016

Thanks I will definitely not be working with Fiverr after having so much trouble

Guest humanissocial

By viewing the spreadsheet link it was clear that its one worksheet there. What milestone should I must have discussed there?

By viewing the spreadsheet link

A link is not a contract. And you don’t even get the link until the contract is already set. And a contract is an agreed upon document, not a link one party sends to the other. So that makes no sense.

Why is this so hard to understand? If you have limits, you need to put them in the scope of the order. You didn’t do that. You don’t override a contract by saying “But my buyer didn’t expect this last time.”

should also be careful with such scams. But you guys dont want it then its ok.

If so many people telling you that it’s not scam but a miscommunication don’t you think it’s you who’s wrong but not everyone else?

Look people on the forum like conspiracies and totally do not give an easy time for difficult clients and trying to advise sellers on their situations. Your situation is a miscommunication and not a scam.

I would’ve loved to say it’s a scam but it’s not. And the math your buyer did only proves it.

5*8=40.

8 sheets for 5$ and she offered you 40$ for that. That’s what you agreed for.

Now when I think about it, I think I’ve been in a similar situation a few times before. I’d open the google doc link, take all the content from it, build the design around it and then come to check if I didn’t miss anything to find another page there. It was never too catastrophic in my case, not something I couldn’t fix before delivering. But this should be a lesson to us all to never work with links to live documents as sources for content.

Guest saddam2016

By viewing the spreadsheet link

A link is not a contract. And you don’t even get the link until the contract is already set. And a contract is an agreed upon document, not a link one party sends to the other. So that makes no sense.

Why is this so hard to understand? If you have limits, you need to put them in the scope of the order. You didn’t do that. You don’t override a contract by saying “But my buyer didn’t expect this last time.”

What I have learned is that fiverr has its hands everywhere. Even on this forum they have their agents always ready to exploit the seller. and you humanisocial I have always seen you discouraging the sellers on other forums too and being so rude to defend fiverr by all means. This is not the first time. There are a couple of more faces who are also always ready to blame the seller. So I now understand that it is also a waste of time to discuss a matter here. Its better if I save time here and utilize this time finding jobs on other better platforms. I will just learn from some of my mistakes here and find better platform to build a portfolio. Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions. Fiverr is not the end of the world for me. With that attitude Fiverr will only make their good sellers run away. I feel pity for those new sellers who make an account with them and dream for making a successful career here.

Guest saddam2016

should also be careful with such scams. But you guys dont want it then its ok.

If so many people telling you that it’s not scam but a miscommunication don’t you think it’s you who’s wrong but not everyone else?

Look people on the forum like conspiracies and totally do not give an easy time for difficult clients and trying to advise sellers on their situations. Your situation is a miscommunication and not a scam.

I would’ve loved to say it’s a scam but it’s not. And the math your buyer did only proves it.

5*8=40.

8 sheets for 5$ and she offered you 40$ for that. That’s what you agreed for.

its only two of you here who are constantly blaming me. Lol I dont see anyone else.

Thanks I will definitely not be working with Fiverr after having so much trouble

Don’t say it like that! If your account ever returns I’ll suggest you continue working with it but smarter this time. You can’t quit just because of some negative experience you encountered! Learn from them instead.

I know Fiverr won’t favour everyone due to free time and maybe other factors - but it’s definitely a way to raise funds and save yourself some bucks.

Everything boils down to your choice though 🤐

its only two of you here who are constantly blaming me. Lol I dont see anyone else.

All of us trying to show you what lessons you can take from that. You hear what you want to hear. I read all posts here and we are all saying the same thing in different words.

It’s not a fiverr problem and you will not change the way you are handling your orders on fiverr or off fiverr you will still get in this situations.

Being a freelancer is being a one man show: a person who does the work, audit it, negotiated, being a sales person etc. So you can not expect fiverr or other platform to negotiate on your behalf with buyers.

They created a system and you misused it writing “I’ll do the best job” in a field where should’ve been a description of the work that’s included in that price.

Guest saddam2016

Don’t say it like that! If your account ever returns I’ll suggest you continue working with it but smarter this time. You can’t quit just because of some negative experience you encountered! Learn from them instead.

I know Fiverr won’t favour everyone due to free time and maybe other factors - but it’s definitely a way to raise funds and save yourself some bucks.

Everything boils down to your choice though 🤐

You are right but that cant be a long term and dependable source of income. It is just a fate which keeps on running an account on fiverr. We cant do anything to defend our selves if a seller gets work and opens dispute to get it for free. Even if you must have delivered your best.

Can you see the dates/time when the google doc was edited? I.e., if it was updated after the buyer confirmed that the doc looked like they expected it to? Moreover, after they submitted the order’s requirements? I’d collect those screenshots as well if that was possible.

Guest humanissocial

What I have learned is that fiverr has its hands everywhere. Even on this forum they have their agents always ready to exploit the seller. and you humanisocial I have always seen you discouraging the sellers on other forums too and being so rude to defend fiverr by all means. This is not the first time. There are a couple of more faces who are also always ready to blame the seller. So I now understand that it is also a waste of time to discuss a matter here. Its better if I save time here and utilize this time finding jobs on other better platforms. I will just learn from some of my mistakes here and find better platform to build a portfolio. Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions. Fiverr is not the end of the world for me. With that attitude Fiverr will only make their good sellers run away. I feel pity for those new sellers who make an account with them and dream for making a successful career here.

their agents always ready to exploit the seller

So, telling people how business works and how policy works and correcting myths means were agents. Okay. 😂

humanisocial I have always seen you discouraging

No I am frank. Telling people that tricks don’t work and that understanding your market is not discouraging. It’s empowering. It’s just not qhat people want to hear. They want to believe that completing silly tasks will get them orders regardless of demand for what they’re selling.

I am frank but I never tell people anything but the reality. I break myths. But because I don’t coddle people with false hope and instead choose reality I’m discouraging? K.

Guest humanissocial

Now when I think about it, I think I’ve been in a similar situation a few times before. I’d open the google doc link, take all the content from it, build the design around it and then come to check if I didn’t miss anything to find another page there. It was never too catastrophic in my case, not something I couldn’t fix before delivering. But this should be a lesson to us all to never work with links to live documents as sources for content.

Definitely. And to put in the order how many lines are included. If it’s subjective you can’t protect yourself and will also attract scammers.

Guest saddam2016

their agents always ready to exploit the seller

So, telling people how business works and how policy works and correcting myths means were agents. Okay. 😂

humanisocial I have always seen you discouraging

No I am frank. Telling people that tricks don’t work and that understanding your market is not discouraging. It’s empowering. It’s just not qhat people want to hear. They want to believe that completing silly tasks will get them orders regardless of demand for what they’re selling.

I am frank but I never tell people anything but the reality. I break myths. But because I don’t coddle people with false hope and instead choose reality I’m discouraging? K.

The reality is that the system needs attention. Fiveer cant always be right everywhere. The buyer was old I trusted him that is what my mistake is.

Archived