Buyer didn't provide enough information

A buyer purchased my gig and didn’t provide any information about what he wants to do. With the clock ticking I ask them a few basic questions that can make me get started. The buyer still does not respond. According to fiverr’s own guide it’s written that in this case I must initiate a request to extend the deadline which I did. The buyer again did not respond to this.

Now I’m sitting with a late order for 4 days puzzling between if I should initiate the cancel order request or not because I do not want the algorithm to decrease the visibility of my gigs or have any negative effects.

Suggestion?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Contact CS and also cancellation effects depends on your positive reviews.

After every 10-12 Positive reviews you can cancel one order.

Where did you get this from? Not only it is not true, it makes no sense. Reviews have no connection to cancelations whatsoever.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please don’t say things unless they are proven by a reliable source ie Fiverr itself.

This is totally untrue and it would make no sense for Fiverr to operate this way. Did you see this in a forum or video somewhere and just assume it was true or are you making it up?

Please don’t say things unless they are proven by a reliable source ie Fiverr itself.

This is totally untrue and it would make no sense for Fiverr to operate this way. Did you see this in a forum or video somewhere and just assume it was true or are you making it up?

Order Cancellations affect your business. Its best to contact CS and take directions from them directly. No need to rush.

Order Cancellations affect your business. Its best to contact CS and take directions from them directly. No need to rush.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about. Nothing at all. And it also doesn’t answer my question.

And I know how cancellations affect us, by the way. You have no reason to think you need to educate me. 😂

cancellation effects depends on your positive reviews

Not true.

After every 10-12 Positive reviews you can cancel one order

Nonsense.

It wont have much affect on your gigs

Again, not true.

Hi @digitechdesign, tricky situation indeed. I’d just contact CS for their suggestion if the extension request hasn’t been responded to. On a future note though, and it sounds like you don’t, I’d recommend adding in the buyer requirements to all of your gigs. This means all buyers are required to fill in all the bits and pieces you need to get going.

Hope this resolved for you. Here’s to future gigs,
Oliver

i’m curious, when they placed the order, was the requirement field blank? did they say we’ll get back to you? did they say something like ‘i want a shirt’ and nothing more?

i ask because could you not deliver something relevant to the original order, say a picture of a plain white shirt, and asked if this is what they had in mind or would they require any changes? you’d be doing as they requested and that would take care of the ticking clock would it not?

i’m not familiar with your particular line of work, so don’t know how feasible something like that would be. but yeah i’d strongly recommend adding buyer requirements if you haven’t already

Hi @digitechdesign, tricky situation indeed. I’d just contact CS for their suggestion if the extension request hasn’t been responded to. On a future note though, and it sounds like you don’t, I’d recommend adding in the buyer requirements to all of your gigs. This means all buyers are required to fill in all the bits and pieces you need to get going.

Hope this resolved for you. Here’s to future gigs,

Oliver

Thanks for your reply, however I already have “buyer requirements” on all my gigs and the gig will not start unless they provide me information.

The problem however is that the buyer wrote “Hi” in the requirements section and the time counter started because the system probably thought a “Hi” as an answer to a complex gig requirement is enough for me to get started.

i’m curious, when they placed the order, was the requirement field blank? did they say we’ll get back to you? did they say something like ‘i want a shirt’ and nothing more?

i ask because could you not deliver something relevant to the original order, say a picture of a plain white shirt, and asked if this is what they had in mind or would they require any changes? you’d be doing as they requested and that would take care of the ticking clock would it not?

i’m not familiar with your particular line of work, so don’t know how feasible something like that would be. but yeah i’d strongly recommend adding buyer requirements if you haven’t already

I’ve already got buyer requirements on. The problem however is that the buyer wrote “Hi” in the requirements section and the time counter started because the system probably thought a “Hi” as an answer to a complex gig requirement is enough for me to get started.

But I guess I didn’t want to risk getting a bad review just to complete the order.

Thanks for your reply, however I already have “buyer requirements” on all my gigs and the gig will not start unless they provide me information.

The problem however is that the buyer wrote “Hi” in the requirements section and the time counter started because the system probably thought a “Hi” as an answer to a complex gig requirement is enough for me to get started.

Ugh I hate when buyers use placeholders in the requirements form just so they can start the gig. Ugh! So annoying.

I’m wondering if this one may be a troll and not a legitimate order.

Ugh I hate when buyers use placeholders in the requirements form just so they can start the gig. Ugh! So annoying.

I’m wondering if this one may be a troll and not a legitimate order.

Yes! Really annoying, wonder if there is any conditions Fiverr could place on them so buyers can’t do this! Maybe a troll, it is quite easy under the current settings, sorry to hear it @digitechdesign 😦

Archived