Fiverr didn't accept my layered source file and denied my gig

oixxoart

So, I’m still in the process of corresponding with the support and re-opened the ticket, but so far they’ve denied my gig for the image “not being original”. They asked for the source file. Which I did send - it was created in Photoshop and has ~42 step layers with sketch, thumbnail, rendering and post-editing layers.

And you know what did they said? “Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that you created this image”. And simply closed the ticket. I mean I don’t know how else an author could PROVE that he/she is the original author if not by a layered SOURCE file. Who makes the decision about who created this image and that it doesn’t seem it was me? How can I else prove that I’m the author?

I was by default considered as violator and even after proving that I’m not with the source file - still denied in my gig.

Hello if your Layered Source File got denied, it probably contains plagiarism, like Stock Photos or the work of other people. I’d suggest for you to check you Files again and see if you accidentally added something that isn’t yours

-Have a good day

Well I’m selling this image on stocks, yes, but I’m not selling the source file, obviously. Source file is clean and layered.

Well I’m selling this image on stocks, yes, but I’m not selling the source file, obviously. Source file is clean and layered.

Well I’m selling this image on stocks

That’s your answer.

Your image is used on other websites and system is detecting that.

And need to double check copyrights but as I remember you are not allowed to use images that you sell on stock websites in your custom work.

That’s your answer.

And need to double check copyrights but as I remember you are not allowed to use images that you sell on stock websites in your custom work.

Thank you for your answer, but still… I mean I am allowed to sell MY OWN artwork on other sites, aren’t I, if I can prove I’m the author by having the original source file?

Also that’s not a custom work, that’s a thumbnail for my gig as an example what I can deliver. Do I have to create a new artwork specifically for Fiverr’s gig preview?

That’s your answer.

Also, can I post my artworks on other (not stock) sites, i.e. Instagram, Artstation, Behance etc.? Will it also be detected by the system as used on other sites and platforms?

That’s your answer.

What if someone steals my gig’s preview images and sells it on stocks? I’ve got the source file which proves I’m the author, but Fiverr does not accept that as proof! Is that a normal practice?

Thank you for your answer, but still… I mean I am allowed to sell MY OWN artwork on other sites, aren’t I, if I can prove I’m the author by having the original source file?

Also that’s not a custom work, that’s a thumbnail for my gig as an example what I can deliver. Do I have to create a new artwork specifically for Fiverr’s gig preview?

Let them know that you were the creator of the image on that other site. You could prove that the name/user on that other site and you are the same person. I think that’s the best way.

If the person who checked it can’t check all the layers, maybe a video of the source file showing all the different layers individually added might also help.

Let them know that you were the creator of the image on that other site. You could prove that the name/user on that other site and you are the same person. I think that’s the best way.

If the person who checked it can’t check all the layers, maybe a video of the source file showing all the different layers individually added might also help.

Yes, I did let them know that it is my profile, it has the same username. Their answer is still that “Unfortunately, there is no way for us to prove you created this image.”

But thank you for the tip with the video, I will wait for their answer and maybe do that.

That’s outrageous.

I am allowed to sell MY OWN artwork on other sites, aren’t I

Yes and no.

Let’s take an example: You created a design for your customer, and it’s sold and the customer has the copyrights of it. So, then you thought, hey let’s share the beautiful design on my Instagram as a portfolio image.

But you cannot. The reason is there is a higher chance of someone using the image as a reference to create a similar design, or just pick up that image and change some stuff or just a do a background removal and sell it to someone or even use it for themselves. Then if somehow the original customer ever finds about it, they will either as you to cancel the order, or much worse. Don’t forget this is a buyer-oriented marketplace.

And I am telling this from my experience.

I am allowed to sell MY OWN artwork on other sites, aren’t I

Yes and no.

Let’s take an example: You created a design for your customer, and it’s sold and the customer has the copyrights of it. So, then you thought, hey let’s share the beautiful design on my Instagram as a portfolio image.

But you cannot. The reason is there is a higher chance of someone using the image as a reference to create a similar design, or just pick up that image and change some stuff or just a do a background removal and sell it to someone or even use it for themselves. Then if somehow the original customer ever finds about it, they will either as you to cancel the order, or much worse. Don’t forget this is a buyer-oriented marketplace.

And I am telling this from my experience.

That actually makes sense and thank you so much for explaining that much better that Fiverr’s support!

Still, that was just a preview for my gig as an example of my artstyle, but I get the idea.

But can I post my artwork which I’ve created for previews on sites like IG, Behance, Artstation?.. There is the same chance of someone will be inspired by them and create something similar.

Also what about the situation if someone STOLE my gig’s preview and sells it. How am I a violator here?

That actually makes sense and thank you so much for explaining that much better that Fiverr’s support!

Still, that was just a preview for my gig as an example of my artstyle, but I get the idea.

But can I post my artwork which I’ve created for previews on sites like IG, Behance, Artstation?.. There is the same chance of someone will be inspired by them and create something similar.

Also what about the situation if someone STOLE my gig’s preview and sells it. How am I a violator here?

In that case just contact CS and they will take the actions. 😃

Archived