Resolution Center Is Getting Worse And Worse

pixelstudio

I’ve been following the forum and all the posts about the resolution center, options to cancel the order mutually without affecting the sellers cancellation rate, etc. Over the months I haven’t seen a single reply from Fiverr staff and the Resolution Center hasn’t improved at all, in fact it got worse and you guys don’t even announce the changes.

Why did we lose the option to offer a cancellation to our buyers after we deliver the order??

First of all, you don’t give us an option to refuse an order without a negative effect on our profile. Secondly, now you take away our ability to refund the buyer after we deliver the order. Does that mean that we HAVE TO do whatever the buyer wants if we want to keep our profile clean?? We need that feature… we are forced to take chances and start working for some buyers that don’t give us enough details and/or don’t follow our gig descriptions, sometimes they are not satisfied with what we do and we have to refund them to avoid getting negative feedback, that is normal.

So either give us back that ability (to mutually cancel the order after we deliver it, without buyer having to do that) or introduce a new feature to REFUSE AN ORDER without affecting our cancellation ratio. There’s plenty of reasons why a seller should be able to refuse an order, like: seller not reading the description / not providing the required information, seller asking for unrealistic things, seller ordering by mistake, seller ordering the wrong gig, and so on…

Does anyone agree with me?

Here’s a scenario of what just happen to me, and what might be happening in the future if you keep things as is.

A buyer ordered a web banner ad, asked for a grey background (#e0e0e0) one word on left and a light bulb next to it. Seems really really simple, yes? I asked the buyer are those the only elements on the banner because it seems strange, and he confirmed that that’s it.

I delivered the order and got a message from the buyer saying something like ‘That’s not what I expected, I’d like a refund’. Not fair, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I went to the resolution center and wanted to offer a mutual cancellation but I got this message: http://i.imgur.com/yAwYxWT.png

What is this supposed to mean, who figured out this is a good idea to do? Does this mean either get a negative or positive feedback, or if the buyer doesn’t reply, you’re a lucky guy, the order we’ll be marked as completed? No easy way to refund the buyer… even though you were kind of forced to do the order because you’ll rather risk wasting hours working then ruining your cancellation rate.

This is lame.

WOW – I didn’t realize they took it away. If you follow the forum, there are plenty of sellers that feel they get the shaft compared to buyers. I do both – buy and sell. By far the seller has more to worry about and is in a more vulnerable position.

I guess I’m a little shocked. With all the complaints from sellers about the playing field not being even between buyer and seller, it is shocking that Fiverr would take away another feature that benefits sellers and gives more power to buyers over sellers.

Maybe Fiverr CS doesn’t read the forum or they don’t care.

@madmoo - I too never had a negative review, but don’t you feel the stress from Fiverr giving the buyer the upper hand in all transactions. I know Fiverr is a pretty stressful environment for many and Fiverr just made it worse.

I wonder if we can still request a cancellation from CS?

@madmoo – I think what gets me is that Fiverr acts as if there are no unjust or shady buyers who try to take advantage of the seller, yet, it happens all the time. Our only recourse when it did happen, was mutual cancellation. Now that is gone.

Fiverr, wake up, there are plenty of bad buyers that will try to get $50 worth of work for $5. What is a sellers recourse? Or do you expect sellers to do whatever the buyer wants – wait…I know what you will say…work it out…yea right. I guess all buyers will be reasonable just like all buyers read our gig descriptions.

Oh well. Live goes on.

From all the replies you can see there’s many things wrong with the system. It bugs me even more when you know this can be EASILY fixed and they are doing nothing about it.

HOW IT IS NOW

Resolution center has a mutual cancellation option before you deliver the order, that does affect seller’s cancellation ratio and thus hurts their profiles. There’s no option to mutually cancel the order after it has been delivered.

HOW IT SHOULD BE

Resolution center should have a mutual cancellation option before the order is delivered that doesn’t affect seller’s cancellation ratio when the buyer accepts the cancellation. Resolution center should also have a mutual cancellation option after you deliver the order, but this does affect the seller’s cancellation ratio.

REASONS WHY IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS

Seller’s must have the ability to cancel the order with buyer’s consent without it affecting their profiles negatively. There’s tons of situations where this is completely logical, for example: unrealistic buyer’s requests, buyer not following the instructions, buyers not reading the description, buyer’s asking for something you don’t do or offer in your gig, etc. Why would the buyer have to worry about negative effects on their profile in these situations? Buyer agreed to cancel, why punish the seller?

Seller’s must have the ability to cancel the order with buyer’s consent after the gig has been delivered. What’s wrong with having a refund policy? Tons of sellers have this, including the top rated ones, and it just increases the sales if anything. You can’t make anyone happy, and a BIG majority of buyers understand that and don’t want to leave a negative feedback to the seller if they happen to be dissatisfied with the delivery for some reason, because the sellers don’t always deserve it. If they really deserve the negative feedback, then the buyer’s have the ability to leave it, nothing wrong with that.

But why is Fiverr forcing the buyers to leave the feedback? Looks like in this case they just want to increase their revenue and don’t worry about their customers at all. If the buyer is totally dissatisfied with the delivery, they always have the option to leave a negative review, but if they respect the seller’s effort but just don’t like the final product and want their money back without hurting the seller’s profile - why did Fiverr take their ability to do that? If you think this is not fair and that the seller’s could do this all the time while keeping their profile totally clean, that is simply NOT TRUE. In my suggestions sellers would still get a penalty in these situations and that’s the cancellation ratio increasing, I’m totally fine with that!

It would be great to hear some other opinions on this, especially if someone disagrees with me (which I find highly unlikely).

Yes, and if you want to cancel the order and remove the negative feedback you can’t do without buyer permission. Even, if support cancelled the order and refunded, still your negative can’t be removed without buyer permission. I think fiverr should change this policy.

I agree with all of you guys, but i beleive if we want to be fair, this does protect the buyers from really low quality gigs. There are a lot of gigs out there who just don’t deliver what they promise.

I wont go as far as to give examples, but i am sure that this new change is here to protect the buyers, but also if you really think about it, it will also help legit Sellers stand out from the rest.

This might seem really stressful for quality sellers like you, but i can only imagine how stressful it will be for potential bad sellers… So yeah, i feel the stress too, but its a fair change since it will affect all of us, and in the end customers will have a better understanting about the quality of each and every service.

Anyway, thats just how i feel about it, i know that probably most of you won’t agree with me at this point, but every change is difficult in the begining, i am sure things will get even better with this change in the future.

@ urfembillboard I think you are missing the point. Yes, there are plenty of legit sellers and buyers. But what recourse does the seller have when they get a buyer who is not reasonable or demands more than the gig calls for. If a buyer gets a seller who does not deliver they can (1) request a refund (2) give a negative review (3) or keep demanding that we work on their gig above and beyond what the gig calls for holding the threat of a negative review over the seller’s head.

To be fair, the seller needs at least ONE avenue of recourse when they get an unreasonable buyer – for example, give the buyer the ability to do a refund when the buyer is being unreasonable. The buyer gets their money back and the seller avoids a negative view and being tied up for days by a buyer who demands more than the gig calls for.

Shouldn’t it work both ways? Right now it is one sided. The buyer controls the seller, not the other way around. The worse thing that can happen to a buyer is they get a refund. A lot more and worse can happen to a seller. Is that fair?

@steveeyes , as i said i agree with you. All i’m saying is that some people abused this option and i beleive thats the reason why Fiverr made that change. I beleive it’s fair because it affects all sellers. I agree that buyers do get more options here, but … a customer is always right… It’s like that everywhere. Sellers are as important as buyers but the buyers are the one’s who keep things rolling. Buyers don’t want to see thousands of 100% positive ratings. They want to see real ratings and feel safe to make more and more purchases. I am sorry if i sounded that i disagree with you, just trying to describe the positive side of this new change.

Reply to @urfembillboard: You can’t say you agree with him when you have a totally opposite opinion from us all.

You are contradicting yourself, you are saying the buyers and sellers are equally important then you go and say that the buyers should always have the upper hand. The rating system was working totally fine and it would work even better if they considered some of our suggestions.

It’s totally untrue there’s too much 100% positive ratings… buyer’s have the option to leave a negative feedback and Fiverr doesn’t have to ‘force’ them to leave a review. I’m not saying they are because there’s clearly an option to cancel when they ask for a modification, but it seems you’re thinking this is the reason for the new change. There’s also the cancellation rate stats, so Fiverr can detect the sellers that fail to satisfy too many buyers.

All of us here gave a list of suggestions and explained why we are asking for changes and you didn’t address a single point. By just saying that change is difficult at beginning, things won’t be better it just gives a false impression that they are good arguments on the other side. This isn’t a beginning, seller’s are in worse position for years now on Fiverr.

@pixelstudio I hope that you realize that i am not here to argue. I just wanted to share my opinion. And i do beleive that i have the right to agree and disagree with others opinions too as you do. So please allow me to repeat myself and say that i agree with the above comments, i am a seller too and i also feel the pressure that this change brings to us sellers. However as i already said, my point is that perhaps this change has also a positive side as i explained. Maybe i am right, maybe i am wrong but one thing is for sure, fiverr is evolving and this is good both for the sellers and the buyers as one can not exist without the other.

I agree, it is really getting ridiculous, I do understand that buyers are the ones who are paying but if there were no sellers, whom would they pay to? There is no need for this, I beleive that these are drastic changes that will in one way or the other affect us all. Not because either one of us will do a “horrible” job, but because there are all sorts of buyers out there.

Reply to @madmoo: I agree about customer support, a couple of months ago I was amazed by them, they were really helpful and even if they couldn’t help they would write original message.

Right now, they are like bots, copy/pasting messages all over again.

pixelstudio said: It would be great to hear some other opinions on this, especially if someone disagrees with me (which I find highly unlikely).

I'm not completely sure I agree or disagree ...because I think you said "can" or "cannot" effectively on some lines when you meant the other.

However, I'm a little loopy and tired so I'd like to cry off and respond to this latter. I probably at time seem like someone who's been hired by fiverr to resist all requested changes in this area...and I assure you all I'm not LOL

However, if you give me a day I'll lay out my case about ... where we are, where I'd like to see us...and a lot about WHY we shouldn't go where some want us to go.

1000% agreed. because of this reason two days back i had my first negative buyer review. i want to ask cancellation after delivery but fiverr remove that option & telling me to wait to see the buyer response. finally he given negative review. so i’m really disappointed. i have send request to fiverr CS & now two days gone no reply form them…

I will tell my story here.

I’m doing PDF editing works. one buyer send image to change some text & improve that image quality. so this order not related to my gig but i don’t like to cancel any orders because it’s increasing my order cancellation rate. i know little bit of Photoshop so i have given small try to complete his requirement send my edited file to him. he’s not happy with my work, so i ask him to cancel the order. then he’s telling i’m wasted his time bla bla bla…so i have told him to this is your mistake u place wrong order to me bla bla bla…

finally he given negative review like bellow… how nice it 😛

"This omanbox got too much EGO !! he think he got 100% rate , but can not do my work. Don’t listen to this guy !! "

Guest matt_garry

Don’t worry people it is only a short time before the law catches up with fiverr. Depending on what country you are in you as a freelancer have rights ( no matter what fiverrs terms are they don’t beat international freelance rules ). For instance if you clearly state that you are being paid for your time not a finished product or service they cant legally ask for a refund. Another interesting fact is in the US they are fighting to change a negative feedback in general ( on any site ) to no longer be anonymous. Fiverr is small figuratively speaking, I bet they haven’t even had 1 lawsuit yet. Lets look at the track record Ebay ( oh ya big mess) Youtube ( uh yup lawsuits up the yingyang) Stickam ( oh god kill it with fire ) yoku, dangdang so many more… my point is fiverr is not even going to be remotely like it is now they will be bought out or go public or god knows what and have to drastically improve the user experience or they are going to have to answer to the share holders, Uncle Sam, a rich TRS who has to much time on his hands and finally fights the good fight. These are much scarier than someone in broken English telling support they want more twitter followers 😛

Hi everyone, @pixelstudio, @madmoo, @wingle, @steveeyes, @minkeey

The removal of mutual cancellation from the seller side, after an order is delivered, was not intended. This has now been added back. We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

The recent changes made to the Resolution Center are intended to further empower sellers to manage issues with buyers, and buyers with sellers directly. We are working to simplify the process and continue testing to further optimize it.

In doing this, we rely on your feedback, and take into consideration all the comments and concerns shared here on the forum. So please, do keep sharing with us!

Reply to @ryangillam: I disagree based on the fact, you can do the same. I think most are more concerned when the playing field is not even. For example, mutual cancellation counts against the seller even if the buyer initiated it. Make the playing field even for both sides and then we have a ball game. If my competitor wants to spend his time cancelling gigs it probably means more work for me.

steveeyes said:

Reply to @ryangillam: I disagree based on the fact, you can do the same. I think most are more concerned when the playing field is not even. For example, mutual cancellation counts against the seller even if the buyer initiated it. Make the playing field even for both sides and then we have a ball game. If my competitor wants to spend his time cancelling gigs it probably means more work for me.

I can do the same. I have not needed too though. But allowing people to give refunds to hide negative feedback (which is quite severe) is just wrong. Negative feedback should remain. If you earned it then you should keep it. Negative feedback removal means people are just going to be wasting their time purchasing from bad sellers. These bad sellers continue to take in orders which they should not be able to to do.

Archived