Fiverr Needs To Better Protect Buyers From Seller Scams

lharrison98034

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
matt_garry said: I do wish that the thumps up/down would only be functional for a few weeks

I can think of a couple of reasons a buyer's Fiverr experience may change after the initial delivery. The delayed discovery that the original writing gig you bought turned out to be a wonderful plagiarized spun article that failed to pass Copyscape. Not every buyer knows to check the delivered gig against Copyscape.

Here on Fiverr, there is this epidemic of gigs offering a zillion facebook, twitter or you tube gigs for 5 bucks. Sure it can look cool having your "likes" and follower count sky-rocket, but at what cost. Remember that cooking the FB Likes and Twitter Foolowers can get you in hot water with the respective social network(s). Buyers can become displeased a couple weeks down the road when the Facebook account gets restricted or shut down.

Reply to @cromwell316:

I am torn as well, I paid $50 for a Malaysian advance taxation paper as the seller claim he can do it. I even gave guidelines what should be in. When he delivered the gig. It wasnt good at all. I cant use the work he gave. And from the paper he did, it is so clear that he dont know know foreign taxation. When I asked for a modification first time he just said that this is just gonna be a favor and yet all the guideline is not in.

When I asked for modification again, he practically send the same work back.

I asked for mutual cancellation since I dont think he knows the subject. But he reject claim he had deliver in time. I feel like being scammed when a seller claim can do something, buyer purchase but actually the seller didnt know the subject and just deliver something and get paid.

I went to Customer Support but not much a help. They asked back and forth this and that and keep them posted but at the end they told work it out with seller to achieve mutual agreement.

Obviously its not gonna happen. He wont cancel the gig and he wont modify the work. The seller has all the ultimate power. Once buyer paid there’s nothing that buyer can do anymore and hoping that its gonna a genuine seller. So basically I lost $50 and have to do the paper myself.

If its just a $5 gig, I wont bother much and waste my time. But this is a lot for me and most importantly, I feel being scammed by the seller, unfair and disappointed in customer support.

This seller, ‘fragglesrock’, is a fraud and Fiverr must do something to protect buyers otherwise its website will loose credibility very fast.

They should compare their policies with those of 'fragglesrock’

Sheriff’s Note: Calling out users is not allowed here.

Reply to @cheezees: But as expected, no changes to the gigs in question, still alive and taking orders, one even has a “Level 2” badge from Fiverr. And nothing’s changed in what they deliver, a negative feedback on one states the exact same issue I raised with Fiverr support.

So basically, ratings nor support are of any value to the majority of buyers.

Reply to @jdunkwu: Fiverr is losing credibility quickly. I’ve been spreading the word, and many others that I know have been doing likewise. If they don’t sort out their ratings system so potential buyers can actually get a realistic view of the quality of a seller, this site will go the way of the dodo soon enough.

jasmine4u just delivered an empty gig 2 days late after begging for some communication for those 2 days. No communication what so ever.

Delivered with this note:

I m sorry for delay had some technical issue so took longer time i will complete this in next 1hr. Thank you for your patience.

That was almost 3hrs ago.

What can I do as a buyer?

Reply to @dougm1966: If you no longer want to wait for the delivery, you can request a mutual cancellation of the order. Or if the order has been flagged as late, you can also force cancel the order, although that would automatically leave negative feedback for the seller reflecting that the order was canceled because the seller failed to deliver on time.

• 2 months later...

I really wish I had found this thread earlier before deciding to try out Fiverr and buy a logo +extras from a person. I did receive the order on time but they used the colors I specifically asked them not to use. I requested a modification since they said they would do as many as I needed.

I had not heard anything from them for days and decided to contact support, I got an email back and was told that if it had been 14 days after being “completed” then there was nothing they could do for me.

Anyone else have that experience?

How could it have been marked as “completed” when I asked for a modification?

I would like to get another logo done but VERY nervous…

• 2 months later...
Guest anrreps

How can I find Good Sellers?

I can not find any honest sellers!

Everyone lies about their work & miss deadlines!

Then you have to write the support them a billion times to get a refund!

Can anyone help me find a good graphics designer?

Archived