Sending video to strangers on fiverr

brendabree254

Hello guys, there are customers that request someone to record a video of them advertising their product or even do something constructive for them. Which is not bad, and I’m comfortable in doing such videos for them.
My problem is that they always need a video sample to verify my identity if I’m the person in the profile picture. After sending the video of me introdcuing myself they never reply and I feel like I have shared my privacy to a stranger. What is the right thing to do cause its also hard to ignore their request

If you are comfortable doing these why are you at the same time worried about a stranger seeing your video? I’m confused. Anyone who orders your video will be a stranger and they could also show the video to someone else.

If you are comfortable offering this service add a gig for it with a sample video. Never ever give out free samples. I have read online that for every free sample people supply less than 1 in 10 of these requests convert to an order. Simply direct them to your portfolio, that is what it is there for.

Also I think I have seen some sort of Fiverr rule about company testimonials so double check this before you offer the service in case someone asks for this. I think the rule automatically displays for gigs in certain categories.

The problem is that, they want sample so that they continue with placement of an order. But none of them has ever placed an order afterwards.

I couldn’t find a video on your profile, do you have one? This might be why they are asking. It’s natural for people to want an idea of what they will receive.

There is, I recorded long ago with low resolution camera during my first order. I would not recommend the video to anyone cause it was very armature

If you get inquiries about videos often, you might want to consider creating a separate video gig with a nice video introduction. There you should explain that you offer no samples at all (you never know if the short script someone sent to you as a sample is a ctually part of the script or the full copy of it) If you feel you need a bit more diversity (if you consider focusing on videos) you can consider adding small intro videos to all your gigs, recorded with different attires in different spots, different concepts etc.

Best of Luck
Psychic_Diva

If you get inquiries about videos often, you might want to consider creating a separate video gig with a nice video introduction. There you should explain that you offer no samples at all (you never know if the short script someone sent to you as a sample is a ctually part of the script or the full copy of it) If you feel you need a bit more diversity (if you consider focusing on videos) you can consider adding small intro videos to all your gigs, recorded with different attires in different spots, different concepts etc.

Best of Luck

Psychic_Diva

I will definitely do that, thank you for the advice

Archived