My first work on Milestone and buyer don't accept 1st milestone

• 1 month later...

I have completed all milestones and delivered the order.
Please note there is no where on the page i can say delivered a milestone, so I just went and finished the project and delivered it.

The buyer has still not responded to the milestone delivery but has accepted the delivery
I know the buyer and I think he is not aware of how to accept the milestone delivery.

Now I have completed the order, But i have been paid only for the first milestone. I really don’t know what to do.

And both the orders have been completed and i have not been paid.

I am really disappointed. If anybody can help or guide me in the right direction. It would be great

Thanks

Sorry this happened to you.

Never continue with the next milestone without the buyer accepting the previous one. Or letting it auto complete.

Milestones are a sequence of orders joined together. You do the first one, that gets accepted by the client, then you go on to the next one and so on.

By completing all three orders without the buyer accepting the first one, you’ve given that buyer a 3 for one.

Frankly, I’ve now become a bit wary of milestones. If the job can be divided up reasonably easily into sections, what I do now is divide it up into several offers, one after the other. That way, everyone knows where they are. And we get paid sooner, too.

Archived