Unfair System? Help please

Hi Forum,
Yesterday I had an issue with a client who said that he couldn’t see the delivery without the Fiverr watermark. I told him this was done automatically only at the preview video and that he should download it. Then he said that even downloading the video the watermark still appears. I tried sending him the video through private message, but he said he still saw the watermark. He began to blame me saying that I was the one putting the Fiverr logo. After explaining this was done automatically he “ordered” me to contact Fiverr, which I did. But finally he cancelled the order. Now my Order Completion went from 100% to 75%, and impressions/view/clicks automatically went down. This is really unfair as I did all I could to resolve a problem I didn’t even cause. I was doing a great effort to keep up my impressions, views and clicks, now I have no I idea what to do, please help. I never had this issue with other customer.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/adding-a-watermark-to-protect-your-work

This should be same as videos.

Unfortunately, it looks like your buyer didn’t know that they need to accept order to get video without watermark.

Also, if you sent him video trough private message and he still said that video has watermark, then it looks like client wanted video for free and at end he got that.

Next time if someone says the same for watermark, just send him article from above.

Hi Forum,

Yesterday I had an issue with a client who said that he couldn’t see the delivery without the Fiverr watermark. I told him this was done automatically only at the preview video and that he should download it. Then he said that even downloading the video the watermark still appears. I tried sending him the video through private message, but he said he still saw the watermark. He began to blame me saying that I was the one putting the Fiverr logo. After explaining this was done automatically he “ordered” me to contact Fiverr, which I did. But finally he cancelled the order. Now my Order Completion went from 100% to 75%, and impressions/view/clicks automatically went down. This is really unfair as I did all I could to resolve a problem I didn’t even cause. I was doing a great effort to keep up my impressions, views and clicks, now I have no I idea what to do, please help. I never had this issue with other customer.

I tried sending him the video through private message, but he said he still saw the watermark.

Since there’s not any Fiverr watermark on attachments in ‘inbox’ messages (only for attachments on the order page if the watermark feature is activated for the gig) what the buyer said can’t have been correct.

I suppose you could also have asked the buyer to send you a screenshot of the video preview in the message in the ‘inbox’ that showed the Fiverr watermark or a screenshot of the video you sent there which showed it.

If it was cancelled through CS I suppose you could contact them about it. ie. show that you delivered what was asked. Though make sure you don’t have any “level 2” badges on gigs as I don’t think that’s allowed.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/adding-a-watermark-to-protect-your-work

This should be same as videos.

Unfortunately, it looks like your buyer didn’t know that they need to accept order to get video without watermark.

Also, if you sent him video trough private message and he still said that video has watermark, then it looks like client wanted video for free and at end he got that.

Next time if someone says the same for watermark, just send him article from above.

Then now this becomes even more unfair. I got scammed but someone and moreover, I am the one being affected negatively by Fiverr system.

I know it’s unfair and frustrating, but unfortunately it’s just how the Fiverr system works and no one in the forum or in customer service can change this for you.

This is why it’s important to get more orders to reduce the impact of cancellations and other issues. Focus on getting more business. Get to know your market and their needs and goals and design your business around that.

Archived