What is the maximum time you wait for a client's response?

vishwasgagrani

You have got a client, who responds slow. What is the maximum time delay you are ok with the buyer to respond? And how do you manage things when you think that slow response may push your delivery beyond the time limit?

1. You ask the buyer to respond fast?
  2. You extend the time limit
  3. You do nothing.

If I need additional information from a client and they are not responding, I request a time extension. This tends to motivate them to answer. What else can you do?

Hi Melanielm,

Yes, that’s a good option when the client has a good reputation or is among your favourite ones or has got some reasonable reason to delay. But extension cannot be done for every one just because someone is delaying without giving appropriate reasons. Extensions are not desirable for any freelancer, as it delays payment and also adds up time in communication which is unpaid. Also, what if more extensions are required.

Guest razia_julia

I ask the buyer to respond fast. Because we love to do work or projects on fiverr. You will tell the client to respond as soon as possible​:slightly_smiling_face:🙂

Hi Melanielm,

Yes, that’s a good option when the client has a good reputation or is among your favourite ones or has got some reasonable reason to delay. But extension cannot be done for every one just because someone is delaying without giving appropriate reasons. Extensions are not desirable for any freelancer, as it delays payment and also adds up time in communication which is unpaid. Also, what if more extensions are required.

That is true. However, what is the alternative. If you don’t have the information you need, you either have to cancel or deliver something they might not want? I think those are worse options than requesting an extension.

Archived