Copied work/stolen

notilting

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

notitling, in the US (and I believe in most other countries) legally you would be responsible for using the other person’s logo.

Aside from legal issues, it is also damaging to your brand to use common clip art or a competitor’s logo, you want to create your own reputation not bolster someone else’s. It is up to you to protect your own branding. I’m a graphic designer and photographer and come across copyright and trademark issues a lot both because I design logos and because I use them for my own businesses.

notitling, in the US (and I believe in most other countries) legally you would be responsible for using the other person’s logo.

Aside from legal issues, it is also damaging to your brand to use common clip art or a competitor’s logo, you want to create your own reputation not bolster someone else’s. It is up to you to protect your own branding. I’m a graphic designer and photographer and come across copyright and trademark issues a lot both because I design logos and because I use them for my own businesses.

• 4 years later...

My experience with Fiverr is that virtually all of the people providing art related gigs are copying someone else’s works… plain and simple. You can’t even go by their ratings because 95% of the people using this site have never heard of Veracity or other reverse image search utilities. I just had to cancel an order by ***** because the flyer I received was a copy of a Summer Party flyer with a few text changes. The art portion was completely unchanged. Yet, this seller’s rating is 5/5 stars with over 2000 reviews. And, because I disputed my order, I will probably will not get to rate their service to warn other buyers because Fiverr’s system probably only allows review from completed orders…

Mod Note: Seller name removed

Archived