TRS, Perfect Standards, Massive Sale Drop

congruentgraph

The exact same thing is happening to me. I’ve had times with less sales and even massive sale drops but not in the past 6 months or so.

I have not had a cancelation or bad review in the past 60+days. I have not had a review under 5 stars in the past 1.5 years+ or so.

What I did find is that my views have had a massive drop which indicates what you mentioned, a gig rotation in search results…

What about how long you take to deliver an order? I have slowed down a lot in delivery time. That is the only thing I can think of. It’s not super slow but not as fast as in the past.

Have you increased the number of gigs you have? Paused any gigs? Decreased the number of gigs? I think if I pause my least selling gig it might help slightly.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of a sudden they all disappeared and my views dropping at the same time is a coincidence.

Let’s try to figure out why. Have your analytics dropped just before it happened? More cancellations or bad reviews?

When I study my analytics I see zero corelation between cancellations and drops in sales. But I don’t have many cancellations anyway.

I can’t really figure this out.

Let’s try to figure out why.

Probably who reads the internal statistics (seeing the trends) and tweaks the parameters that determine the positions of the Gigs of that sector has determined that the probability to make a sale in this moment is higher for the ones that are in another (lower) price bracket.

Let’s try to figure out why.

Probably who reads the internal statistics (seeing the trends) and tweaks the parameters that determine the positions of the Gigs of that sector has determined that the probability to make a sale in this moment is higher for the ones that are in another (lower) price bracket.

Yes. They might have a daily chart of each gig’s performance and based on that change the positions day by day.

I just wonder what they look at. I have a large amount of repeat buyers so I wonder if that matters. I would love to know why I get two days in a row now of zero sales. It’s not something I’ve experienced before.

I have also experienced times when they “take the brakes off” my sales as I call it and they POUR in for a few hours each day. It’s like someone flips a switch. I’ve gotten a whole bunch of sales all at the same time when this happens.

I know for a fact that they can very precisely control a seller’s sales amount, believe it or not, at least for me they can. I was here six years ago and sellers used to be able to ask for more sales and would get them for a few hours. I don’t know how they did it.

I wonder if there is a preferable conversion rate minimum and if you’re not hitting it consistently, you get less exposure now. I tend to get contacted first now and I try to interview each potential buyer (nothing crazy, 3-4 simple questions) and a lot of people just can’t be bothered to answer and move on to someone who just says: “I’ll do it!” without knowing the details.

What about how long you take to deliver an order? I have slowed down a lot in delivery time. That is the only thing I can think of. It’s not super slow but not as fast as in the past.

Have you increased the number of gigs you have? Paused any gigs? Decreased the number of gigs? I think if I pause my least selling gig it might help slightly.

This is the funny thing, I didn’t make any changes to my gig’s (pausing new ones etc for almost a year) and had no issues with late deliveries or such but coming to think about it yes I did slow down a bit. If a while back I was finalizing an order in 4-5 days now I spend 10 maybe more days.

A while back I did also find that less gigs perform better then having a large number this is why I tended to stick to 3 gigs but I think I will narrow it down to just 2 gig’s.

I wonder if there is a preferable conversion rate minimum and if you’re not hitting it consistently, you get less exposure now. I tend to get contacted first now and I try to interview each potential buyer (nothing crazy, 3-4 simple questions) and a lot of people just can’t be bothered to answer and move on to someone who just says: “I’ll do it!” without knowing the details.

I wonder if there is a preferable conversion rate minimum and if you’re not hitting it consistently, you get less exposure now.

No because my gigs are higher priced and when my conversion rate goes down – fewer conversions — it doesn’t matter because my prices are so high. Like someone could earn $1000 per sale but only have a very low conversion rate and be earning a lot.

Conversion rate means nothing. High priced gigs will have a much lower conversion rate but often earn more.

I can relate to that very much! I do have a somewhat lengthy discussion with potential buyers if they message me first and some do get lost along the way 🙂 . In all fairness I can’t read minds and do need some info from them in order to deliver a great product.

I can relate to that very much! I do have a somewhat lengthy discussion with potential buyers if they message me first and some do get lost along the way 🙂 . In all fairness I can’t read minds and do need some info from them in order to deliver a great product.

somewhat lengthy discussion with potential buyers

This might be a factor, how many message you get from new contacts that go ahead and place an order. It sounds too complicated for the site to measure however.

I wonder if there is a preferable conversion rate minimum and if you’re not hitting it consistently, you get less exposure now.

No because my gigs are higher priced and when my conversion rate goes down – fewer conversions — it doesn’t matter because my prices are so high. Like someone could earn $1000 per sale but only have a very low conversion rate and be earning a lot.

Conversion rate means nothing. High priced gigs will have a much lower conversion rate but often earn more.

I fit the bill here… my conversion rate is very low but I only need to make a few sales a month to meet my goal. 7-10 orders are all I need.

I fit the bill here… my conversion rate is very low but I only need to make a few sales a month to meet my goal. 7-10 orders are all I need.

7-10 orders are all I need.

You must panic about your analytics? We need a certain amount of reviews just to keep that analytic above 4.7 to allow for one bad one?

Wow! A TRS logo designer charging $400 and up! Just amazing, considering all the competition you have. And a very smart way to make logos too.

7-10 orders are all I need.

You must panic about your analytics? We need a certain amount of reviews just to keep that analytic above 4.7 to allow for one bad one?

Wow! A TRS logo designer charging $400 and up! Just amazing, considering all the competition you have. And a very smart way to make logos too.

I don’t get bad reviews… I really make sure the client is satisfied and at times that means including small services that are not included in their order (but I do let them know that). And I have no issue with doing that as after all my prices are pretty high.

On the other hand one funny thing I noticed while I was gradually increasing my prices is that clients become more and more easier to work with as they trust you (as the expert) more and are overall more reasonable.

In the very rare cases when I can not resonate at all with the buyer I simply issue a refund after I’ve tried all that can humanly be possible. My cancelation rate was of about 10% when my prices were average for Fiverr now I’m at 5% or so.

I don’t get bad reviews… I really make sure the client is satisfied and at times that means including small services that are not included in their order (but I do let them know that). And I have no issue with doing that as after all my prices are pretty high.

On the other hand one funny thing I noticed while I was gradually increasing my prices is that clients become more and more easier to work with as they trust you (as the expert) more and are overall more reasonable.

In the very rare cases when I can not resonate at all with the buyer I simply issue a refund after I’ve tried all that can humanly be possible. My cancelation rate was of about 10% when my prices were average for Fiverr now I’m at 5% or so.

So with your prices you must be at or near the top of the pile of logo designers? I mean in the rankings?

Yes they do.

You make incredibly classy logos! I love them.

I would think they would keep you at the top of the listings. No reason not to. You could be in the PRO category actually based on your designs and prices.

So with your prices you must be at or near the top of the pile of logo designers? I mean in the rankings?

Yes they do.

You make incredibly classy logos! I love them.

I would think they would keep you at the top of the listings. No reason not to. You could be in the PRO category actually based on your designs and prices.

Thank you very much!

I am a TRS but as far as being at the top of the pile of logo designers, IDK… I have my style, am passionate about what I do and it works out.

Just to clarify, while my prices may be high for Fiver they are actually very low compared to what one may have to pay for the same services at a design studio. I think that the prices of Fiverr are actually a bit messed up as sellers rather compete through lower prices then actual quality.

$400 - $600 for a logo is not a lot by any means… I’ve sold logo’s for $5000. I know firms who have paid much more for their logo as after all it is the main face of the company.

Thank you very much!

I am a TRS but as far as being at the top of the pile of logo designers, IDK… I have my style, am passionate about what I do and it works out.

Just to clarify, while my prices may be high for Fiver they are actually very low compared to what one may have to pay for the same services at a design studio. I think that the prices of Fiverr are actually a bit messed up as sellers rather compete through lower prices then actual quality.

$400 - $600 for a logo is not a lot by any means… I’ve sold logo’s for $5000. I know firms who have paid much more for their logo as after all it is the main face of the company.

I understand your prices are a bargain for what they are getting. I know about design and recognize quality and what it costs.

So I would think as I said they would keep you at the top of the ranks.

I’m in the same boat myself.

I wonder if you are too much competition for Pro sellers and that’s why. However it’s all the same money to fiverr so not sure why that would matter.

This is the funny thing, I didn’t make any changes to my gig’s (pausing new ones etc for almost a year) and had no issues with late deliveries or such but coming to think about it yes I did slow down a bit. If a while back I was finalizing an order in 4-5 days now I spend 10 maybe more days.

A while back I did also find that less gigs perform better then having a large number this is why I tended to stick to 3 gigs but I think I will narrow it down to just 2 gig’s.

I think I will narrow it down to just 2 gig’s.

^^^ this…

I understand your prices are a bargain for what they are getting. I know about design and recognize quality and what it costs.

So I would think as I said they would keep you at the top of the ranks.

I’m in the same boat myself.

I wonder if you are too much competition for Pro sellers and that’s why. However it’s all the same money to fiverr so not sure why that would matter.

When the Fiverr Pro program rolled out I did ask myself the exact same question. However until now things have worked out just the same. In any case time will tell.

DId you notice a somewhat steady income from month to month? or does it fluctuate more than 10-15%?

Conversion rate means nothing.

That’s encouraging. I’ve read people claiming they have 20-40% conversion rate on their gigs and it’s something astronomical for me.

My gigs ranked at page 1 for certain terms for almost 2 months but from last 3 days I am not able to find my gigs! I think really no one know how really Fiverr ranking works!

At the start I was worried when I got less sales but with time I understood that some time there is bulk of work and sometimes nothing so just keep going with the flow.

I recently spent 10+ messages trying to get the buyer to tell me what size and file format they needed the design in. Then they said they thought the price was in Canadian dollars and bounced.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t do logos on this site — logos are hard to “guess”. The other being “Starbucks logo + the brand book + 5 options for $5” mentality this place used to have (and I’m assuming still has to a degree).

If you were able to generate a consistent flow of orders with the prices you have until recently (which from I understand is the case) then seriously and unironically kudos to you.

I recently spent 10+ messages trying to get the buyer to tell me what size and file format they needed the design in. Then they said they thought the price was in Canadian dollars and bounced.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t do logos on this site — logos are hard to “guess”. The other being “Starbucks logo + the brand book + 5 options for $5” mentality this place used to have (and I’m assuming still has to a degree).

If you were able to generate a consistent flow of orders with the prices you have until recently (which from I understand is the case) then seriously and unironically kudos to you.

Sorry but that made me laugh. I remember in college they taught us that the average conversion rate is about 2-3% across all industries. A conversion rate of 5% is a very very high one.

When the Fiverr Pro program rolled out I did ask myself the exact same question. However until now things have worked out just the same. In any case time will tell.

DId you notice a somewhat steady income from month to month? or does it fluctuate more than 10-15%?

Monthly sales have been about the same each month but these fluctuations happen for several days at a time and are sharp. I feel like there is an upper limit I am not allowed to cross in earnings.

My gigs ranked at page 1 for certain terms for almost 2 months but from last 3 days I am not able to find my gigs! I think really no one know how really Fiverr ranking works!

At the start I was worried when I got less sales but with time I understood that some time there is bulk of work and sometimes nothing so just keep going with the flow.

Yep, same story here… ups and downs

Sorry but that made me laugh. I remember in college they taught us that the average conversion rate is about 2-3% across all industries. A conversion rate of 5% is a very very high one.

the average conversion rate is about 2-3% across all industries.

That’s the most encouraging post for me ever, seriously. Thank you, everyone.

I know for certain there are quite a few buyers on Fiverr willing to spend more for higher quality and have been successfully targeting them. Maybe half my orders come from clients who have had an awful previous experience with a cheaper seller. Some people see the big issue with paying a very low amount for a logo…it’s like going to a dentist that costs $10, would you do that? :))

Archived