My buyers are not rating my gig

vmackey

Question

• Answers 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ghostblogger said: I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it.

I hope you have fully liberated yourself from that training.

For me, I find it to be puritanical, naive (especially in today's hyper capitalistic at times fascistic economic atmosphere), and generally disregarding of the value of labour.

Even the "Bible" got this one right. You have not because you ask not, and when you ask, you ask wrongly.

ghostblogger said: I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it.

For me, I find it to be puritanical, naive (especially in today's hyper capitalistic at times fascistic economic atmosphere), and generally disregarding of the value of labour.

Even the "Bible" got this one right. You have not because you ask not, and when you ask, you ask wrongly.

@OldBittyGrandma and others:

I also see no problem in making it clear you have a tip jar and how to use it.

I’m totally okay with “offending” someone who is offended. I prefer to polarize. I prefer to sort and sift. I want to deal with the people who are like: Oh, that’s great! I had no idea what to do and I feel as if you deserve more than the system provides you for your efforts.

Clearly everyone is different.

As far as the “details” …eh, take them or leave them. There is power in giving someone a because.

I’m totally okay with “offending” someone who is offended. I prefer to polarize. I prefer to sort and sift. I want to deal with the people who are like: Oh, that’s great! I had no idea what to do and I feel as if you deserve more than the system provides you for your efforts.

As far as the “details” …eh, take them or leave them. There is power in giving someone a because.

Reply to @ghostblogger: Someone raised you right 🙂 Worked in a restaurant…NEVER asked for a tip. Never needed to. 🙂 I always take great care to give a seller every chance I can. In the past, I have given so many the sellers used to ask “Oh? You STILL want me to fix that?” as if I stopped asking. I almost gave up on this site.

I wholeheartedly agree: Buyers not allowing the seller to fix the problem should be bared from leaving FEEDBACK. I also agree with your idea about the revision policy. I would also like to suggest that there be a policy in place that refunds the buyer if the seller refuses to make good on claims. If he or she promises unlimited revisions, they ought to have to specify what that means. If they honestly do not know what unlimited means and don’t specify, then they should not be paid until the buyer is satisfied. Why use the word if you do not know what it means? (And YES I know people that do them 🙂

Reply to @ghostblogger: Someone raised you right 🙂 Worked in a restaurant…NEVER asked for a tip. Never needed to. 🙂 I always take great care to give a seller every chance I can. In the past, I have given so many the sellers used to ask “Oh? You STILL want me to fix that?” as if I stopped asking. I almost gave up on this site.

I wholeheartedly agree: Buyers not allowing the seller to fix the problem should be bared from leaving FEEDBACK. I also agree with your idea about the revision policy. I would also like to suggest that there be a policy in place that refunds the buyer if the seller refuses to make good on claims. If he or she promises unlimited revisions, they ought to have to specify what that means. If they honestly do not know what unlimited means and don’t specify, then they should not be paid until the buyer is satisfied. Why use the word if you do not know what it means? (And YES I know people that do them 🙂

Great discussion: This is how the process works presenting an idea and letting everyone sand off the rough edges. I believe if a buyer does not know they are getting a bargain at 5 dollars (who is to say it is a bargain in some cases), then my reminding them of that will not help in my opinion. I simply will not ask for a tip, that is just the way I am, but I certainly applaud anyone that can and will do so. Thanks to everyone, if I tried to mention all by name I fear I would leave someone out, so please assume I am talking to you when I say thank you very much!

Archived